clutch opinions & Q's

i have done a bit of reading on disc clutches and puck clutchs but i was wondern if i could get ur personal opinions on both, like pro’s and cons. and which one is overall better. thx. it will be for an sr application with just over 300hp. thx

ive been looking around for clutches lately as well. decided to go with the RPS max street disc clutch. ive heard the 6 puck clutches arent so great for daily driving.

anything with pucks chatter like a bitch like

cha cha cha cha cha!

really not good for daily but grab super hard.

You can always find a full disc some can grab really hard but don’t chatter when your trying to feather the clutch, great for the both worlds.

Try not to lean towards pucked clutches if you daily drive a lot.

I have a spec 6 puck and its not bad, as long as the Hub is sprung its fine. If its an unsprung hub, then that is gay for everyday driving.

i aint to worried abou daily driving more for wuts better for performace overall. as there will be lots of clutchs kicks and just beatinon it…lol

then make sure the unit is a reliable brand. crappy sprung discs will explode when kicked violently like that.

i have a 6 puck sprung in my daily and it grabs hard. if i feather it too much it’ll chatter, but that’s not the car’s fault. I have to commit to the pedal, and release smoothly and quickly. also, another reason for it to chatter alot is if your engine/transmission mounts are worn. solid engine mounts and any puck clutch will never chatter.

buy my exedy twin disc, it will be perfect for you!

whats about a exedy stage2 ? or would i be safe going with a stage 1 if im looking at around 300hp