Who here knows how SYNCHROS work?

I am so lost right now…

i know how they work and i can draw it if need be.

Brian

I read it and completely understood it. Reason 1: I understand how synchros work. Reason 2: I am not an idiot…like some recent new members of this site.:bloated:

They’re called paragraphs and punctuation. Much easier on the eyes.

are you really that stupid that you don’t see the the periods, comas and parenthesis

The first thing I saw was a big blob of words, no capitalized first letter, ‘your’ replacing ‘you are’ and a sentence that was 4 lines long. Also ‘banging out shifts’ isn’t exactly any kind of term I’ve ever heard before, I assume he meant ‘banging gears.’

It’s just a run-on garbled mess and quite honestly I think the only reason why you guys read it is for the simple facts that: I stated no one would and you dislike me.

It’s one of few posts in this thread that explained how synchros function, which was indeed worth reading.

Fair enough.

I do because I built the T56 :carnut

Havent seen it metioned yet… but whether or not the hub or gear is being driven or free depends on the design of the transmission. For example, in a W5MG1 (3000GT VR4 Transmission) the main shaft drives gear sets 1, 2, 5 and R, while hub & slider 3/4 are also driven on the main shaft. In this example, 4 gears are and 1 hub/slider is driven, not all gears or all hubs.

Also, I have gear sets, main/counter shafts, hubs, sliders, single and double cone synchros laying around… if anyone wants pictures of something specific, let me know.

And longitudinal-engined rwd layouts don’t have a gear set for their 1:1 ratio.

I know how it works, but I can NOT draw

I get their basic functions but I would need to see it actually work or see a very good animation to figure out how it all happens

What happened to the nyspeed i know.

at least we aren’t racing but why the hell are we not hating each other and bitching.

stfu

better?

^Haha…I love it.

“yeah, well I’m taller!”

yea well my car is faster than yours!!!1!!

CVT FTW
Lighter, cheaper, simpler, fewer moving parts.

My 2 cents.:smiley:

PS I remember when they started using syncros in cars.:stuck_out_tongue:

How many people here have driven ANYTHING unsyncronized? somtimes its a pita