who installs springs + shocks?

I have an H&R Cup kit coming in a week or so. It’s a matched spring + shock kit. Who has the ability to put it on (preferably before Dec 5), and what am I looking at, pricewise?

1st Try, duh.

1st Try, duh.

1st try duh!

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/mynameisshalerpunk.jpg

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

:rofl:

dicks.

is a 2.2" drop too extreme for around here? i googled the kit, and i found a vwvortex thread about kids crying over their oil pans.

Not sure if someone said 1st Try but I would give Jeff a call.

I would say your cutting it pretty close. You would have to drive carefully IMO

it might be, i had my coilovers set to a 2.25 drop, and raised them a bit. there are way tooo many potholes here for a real low drop

snow fills in the potholes duh

yeah, i learned the hard way with that. i had a neon a long time ago, and was driving through south side, the roads were covered in snow, then i feel a huge bump. get out of the car, and see my tires flat/rim bent pretty bad, it fell in a huge pothole covered with snow

my si is like 1.8 i think that is about the lowest you should go for a DD

What about a pizza delivery toaster? how low can you go?

But in all seriousness, i would not go lower than 2"

My car was almost 2.2" lower… It definitely is cutting it close for this city and their terrible roads.

I just did most of it myself. At one point though Jeff did mount the springs for me.

i was dropped like 2.5 and it was fine if you were careful. i never had a problem besides the tire that was sitting in the middle of rt885 one night. but i definately would not put it on a car i was delivering with. i know i drove way more aggressive when i was delivering gotta get back to make the next buck.

Yeah, I’m starting to think this isn’t going to happen.

Donno how much lower my car is then yours from the factory, but I did 3/8" Drop in the front and its almost too much in this city… I have some scrapes in my skidplate that are pretty nasty.

It really depends on your stock ride height. 2" isn’t all that extreme but on some passenger cars you are probably getting close to where you’d want a DD without having to be scared every time you go out.

gearhead @ JTech can also do the install.

How does anybody think it’s relevant to compare drops on different cars? I could take a pickup and lower it 6" and it’d still be fine to drive around there, but a car that starts low like a 'vette I could probably only drop 1" or so. It’s all relative to the car itself. So kids on VW Vortex are crying about oil pans, unless for some strange reason that thread is about Scion Xb’s or whatever hunk of **** you have it doesn’t matter. Ask people that have the same car as you. Toolbox.

-TJ