Who is still detailing cars

speedped79, so your process for exterior is wash, dry then wax?

Turbo, do you use the orange pads a lot, seems like you have a good process but lots of steps.

how do you like the menzerna FP2, can you compare it to something else?

ftr, i havent used Z5 yet, but it probably would have helped the black since it had fillers, and bonded with Z2. will definitely be getting that this year.

FP2 is slightly less abrasive than IP… the compound is definitely finer. i really wouldn’t know what to compare it to in all honesty. its a good pre-sealant abrasive. takes the little bit of hazing IP leaves away.

for the abrasives i go about 1" per second in straight front to back, up and down motions. ~5 for the IP, ~4 on the FP2. works decent for me

Orange pad on the IP
White pad on the FP2
hand with Zaino

i am by no means a professional detailer, not even close. i just had to give my black car every fighting chance i could. and it would look good. for a few days that is. bye bye black.

i hear good things about tropicares line

thats not detailing a car, thats cleaning it. Big difference.

fine i ‘clean’ cars then. but i consider claybar and shampooing the carpet more than just cleaning it

anybody interested in doing the paint on my car please PM me an asking price

claybars get impediments out of the surface of the paint. but it does nothing about evening out the clear coat itself, leaving swirls, spiderwebs, haze, etc. if you go right to wax, like a carnuba, or cleaner wax, all that is doing is covering the defects of the paint by using fillers, to fill the lower surfaces of the paint. it does nothing to repair the paint, and the work will go away in under a week

:word: fillers just hide everything and a week later ur like :wtf:

lol viper clean out ur PM box :slight_smile:

same here…exterior only…mercedes ml320 silver…(suv)

Need one done in rochester, everything, Pm price and times available
black bonnie 02

if it is warm on sat. i would be willing to clay/buff/wax/engine degrease and shine anyones car in my garage, pm me and lemme know. For a black car you would be lookin around $150 GIVE OR TAKE, depending on condition of paint. I have about 7 yrs experience… Once again pm because i will most likely forget about this post. I have done twizted’s teg, and a few of choko’s projects and they were both Very pleased with the results.

I’d compare it to Poorboys SSR1-SSR2, possibly along the lines of Meguiars #80 (speed glaze). I like Speed Glaze. Well I like FP2, but it’s rather oily. Well they’re both oily. I’m not certain about either before a pure sealant. I think I would wipe it down with a isopropyl alcohol/water mixture before applying sealant, or use something along the lines of Klasse AIO or Jeff’s Werkstatt Prime (those are a lot better for the paint than the alchy mixtures). I use Prime before everything now, including Zaino. I get the best durability this way. Don’t bother with SG or Acrylic Jett, they’re really difficult to use.

But I digress. The real reason I’m posting is to say that Paul does a great job detailing, and his car and his brother’s always look good after he’s done. :slight_smile:

Sort of. Clay bars sheer off the exposed contamination, but they do not pull contamination that is embedded into the paint out. It’s kind of like planing. Huge misconception regarding clay bar. :slight_smile:

Dan, it only looks like a lot of steps because ZFX is a part of the Zaino system. Basically it’s a catalyst that speeds up the curing time of the Z2/Z5 sealants. A few drops of ZFX in a 1 ounce mixing bottle with either Z2 orZ5, then apply. This mixture doesn’t keep, I imagine overnight is fine but otherwise it is advisable to throw out the remaining mixture.

Z6 is a quick detailer.

Z2 and Z5 don’t have to be used together, either. Z5 has swirl filling properties to it. I haven’t experienced any wonders with it, but that’s the distinguishing factor between Z2 and Z5. Zaino are great products, no doubt, but there is a lot of marketting jumbo that goes along with it. Buying Zaino appears to be a lot like buying a Porsche with all the different options.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

yeah as soon as the weather decides to break i’ll be down for detailing again…even though my garage in a mess lol. I have a few people who are in line already, but anyone who is interested, drop me a line.