Who knows a good Machinist???

I’ve been going to and calling different machine shops and I’ve hit a wall. I need my stock fuel rails modified so I can use different injectors. I’ve decided to use stock Nissan injectors since they’re cheap to come by. Only a small amount of material needs to be removed .010-.020(not sure?). In the 1st pic you can see a scribed/machined line mid way through the injector bore. In the 2nd pic, you can see where material has been machined down to that line from the 1st picture. Hope that helps clear some things up :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks…
Before:

After:

What has been done to the final product?
In other words, what did it look like before?
Is that bore tapered?

detail is overwhelming

^I was trying to be nice about it.:stuck_out_tongue:

^ You going to start doing engine work for nyspeeders?

I can’t bore out cylinders but I might be able to help with “smaller” jobs.
Actually I could bore out cylinders but I would not be competitive.

I updated the 1st post… and forgot to mention that it isn’t tapered.

Thanks

for what you are saving by cheaping out on injectors couldnt u just buy a better rail for whatever it is your are doing?

No. I would have to fabricate a new fuel rail. Plus, I can use any aftermarket Nissan injector I want. To get things going, I’m using 370cc purple tops…that’s a huge difference over an FMU and stock 220cc injectors that I currently have now,

lol. Do you really use an fmu?

j n l

:search:

I was going to ask about this for some head work but there has been so many threads in the past with no clear winner so I didn’t make a thread.

i’d say the prevailing shop is J and J. have only heard good things.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=916310&postcount=4

go to burst machine they do really good work :slight_smile:

haha that is excelent. Every one of those links as somebody telling the thread starter to search, and almost every one says “go here they did great” “no don’t go there they fucked up my ___ go here instead” “no they suck go here”

answers not found.

Your best bet may be to find a machinist that does side jobs.
I would charge at least $150 to do something like that at shop rate.
Probably not worth it for you.

Ummm… thats feedback. I’m not sure what else exactly are you looking for?

I don’t so much care about the cost. I just want to know that the work is being done right the first time. I don’t really have spare heads laying around for people to hack up. That and the parts I do get are mostly discontinued and are expensive. one shot.

I need to check for flatness, valve job to accomidate oversized valves, and major porting.

edit:

Ummm… thats feedback. I’m not sure what else exactly are you looking for?

I guess I was looking for a place the consistantly does excelent work. That is tough the automotive world.