Who still on here has a shop / recommend one?

LMK when you come across someone that wants to throw away a C5 supercharger setup.

What are you looking to do? Lot of take off lsa chargers out there. I bought mine for the G8 for like $800.

I don’t see any lsa now for less than 1000+ add on the fact lsa drive system is an additional 1200-1500

I just had to change the crank pulley and added a factory tensioner. I spent extra and got an ATI so that i could easily swap boost levels. You need to look for one being sold for parts, the isolator busing in them goes and its like a $50 fix. I’m sure theyre more expensive now than $800 but should still be way cheaper than aftermarket.

I dont have FB but marketplace is probably where its at. Lsa supercharger 12670278 - auto parts - by owner - vehicle... Theres also a thread on ls forums with every part needed for a conversion. I ordered all my parts through gmpartsdirect but this site has a bunch of the stuff including full kits.
LSA Conversion Parts – LSA CONVERSION STORE
Im in the process of doing the same conversion for my L87 using an LT4 take off

Complete LSA’s are running about $2500 give or take. They won’t really fit on a vette unless you cut the cowl and add an idler pulley with a modified snout pulley. I’ve been thinking about tossing one on my 12.5:1 416ci LS3 in my C5 to run low boost and E85. I might just swap a 5.3L I have in the barn into the car and sell it and toss my 416ci into something else like a TBSS or my 94 Buick Roadmaster.

2 Likes

Still waiting on the courts, but I’m going to end up with my old mans 03 c5.
It is not a fast car. I have not really beat on it or anything as it only has around 2,450 miles on it.

I may never touch it because I’m cheap and the only time it saw rain was when I was chasing an electrical gremlin.

But… it feels so slow.

1 Like

Just depends what you want out of the car. Can you do your own work? I’m guessing its and auto?

Toss a 3.42 diff, 3500rpm convertor, exhaust and a small 224/224 cam in it and it’ll be super fun to drive.

1 Like

Auto tragic in arrest me red.
I can do most things. Maybe over the winter I will have some sort of direction.

#threadhijackcomplete :wink:

If you have the vin I can tell you what options it has. It’ll either have the super slow 2.73 rear or the performance slow 3.15… the manual 3.42 diff swap would really wake it up. While you have the TT out, mind as well do a nice Circle D convertor or similar. Do a set of long tube headers and X pipe, maybe the Z06 TI mufflers, I think they still sell for $300ish. That plus an intake, small cam and tune would make a super fun reliable tire shredder.

If you want to go full bonkers, build yourself a nice forged LS3 on the side and drop that in a blower and make 1000hp.

1 Like

All of that does sound fun.
The 1st test will be when if I put more miles on it in 3 months, than in the last 20 years.

2.73 winner…

1 Like

Is this directed at me?

You asked and I answered hahah well Joe answered for me.

2 Likes

Not to hate but what is the fascination with putting a 100lb supercharger and accessories on a Corvette? Those cars handle phenomenal and you’ll screw it all up lol. You can make a shit ton of power N/A if you want to.

So C6ZR1 are bad handling compared to C6Z?

Edit: why the fuck is there a cake by my name?

Someone find me an aluminum LS and t56 transmission/CTS-V rear end so I can swap my Miata.

I just thought it was your birthday, but then I saw the cake on different days, so there goes that theory. That being said, might need to pick your brain on some C6Z things if I pull the trigger on one.

1 Like

Will the corvette rear end/transmission work in a miata? Probably harder to make the rear end narrower than the miata wider.

It was your cake day bro. (Anniversary of the day you signed up for the forum)

2 Likes

I thought you were fucking with me Josh LOL

1 Like