Who still on here has a shop / recommend one?

I love that this thread has gone off the topical rails because it was about cars.

We even had cake.

Has @ubengineering found a shop yet?

In a related note, you can put icons & stuff next to your name. I put that coffee cup next to mine to test it.

With V8 roadster axles it will, they pretty much make everything as a swap (front sub frame, axles, diff mounts, etc).

1 Like

I just sold an LS1 and LS2, I have an iron 5.3 and 6.0, and an aluminum 5.3L if you need something lol.

A blower on a corvette doesn’t mess it up for normal driving. My C6 is heavier with the F1-X and LSX block but its not like it handles poorly.

My widebody C5 with the ~600hp 416ci aluminum block is more nimble, but still way slower.

I would say I’d recommend the cam/bolt on set up way before tossing a blower on a stock engine.

Seems like everything is a trade off.
6k for blower or 6k for a mild NA setup.

I like what I have seen with the 3.42 diff changes and there is even a $400 TC from an astro van.

Say $750 cam, $500 exhaust, $500 diff, $750 for a good convertor. I’ll be a totally different car after that.

1 Like

are any of the gm cams worth it? I think I paid like $120 for an ls9 cam, but that motor was boosted.

I like it.

I never said a ZR1 was bad handling, but a Z06 will certainly handle better, and have better F/R balance. I race with hundreds of C6’s every year. One of the fastest guys that I’ve raced with is Jeremy Swenson. He has a NASTY ZR1 C6 that he swapped a huge LS7 into.

Last few pieces of the puzzle for my Z. Lingenfelter ported heads and a 103mm TB. Should make 600-615 wheel when it’s done. Possibly looking into trying to win an SCCA National Championship this year, but most likely next year.

2 Likes

Naw the stock gm cams are just too small.

1 Like

Stock are built to pass emissions. I’m running a TSP 3.2

I have the TSP 3.2 with the 285CC heads, still stock intake manifold and TB. Put down 603 on a Mainline roller dyno.

1 Like