who to get a roof from?

I’ll be doing this as well. I hate when I have to have strangers do manual labor as it’s 2nd nature for 90% of them to rip people off on small shit.

eh… just remembered i have to roof my garage… i have shingles, just need to get off my ass. hope i don’t have to sheet the damn thing too.

I have a few guys that could do it for you but they aren’t on The BBB or anything.Just people that do a good job for a great price and stand behind their work.PM me if ineterested

pm sent

Neth & Son’s does good quality stuff

if you’re only doing a 2 car garage, it would be easy enough to do it yourself.

save a bunch of $ for beer :tup:

i will help for a ride in your supra lol

is it a tearoff or a layover? dont waste your time with a layover at all

i did my dads garage and most of his house, what angle is the roof at on the garage? fairly flat?

Well its an older garage with lath decking and what looks like 3 layers of shingles. Its not really steep or anything so I could probably do it myself. I just afraid it might turn into a real big job if I have to replace all the decking with plywood because I never see people reuse the lath as decking.

naaa garages are easy. If the wood is bad you can plywood over it. A few guys and a day and you are done. The big issue when stripping it getting rid of the shit. Price a dumpster lately? it’s nuts

if you did decide to do it yourself, i would plan on all new plywood either way. The hardest part would be the tear off. the plywood and shingles go down pretty quick.

part of my dads roof was lathe and part was plywood (:picard:)
we just iceshielded over the lathe

if your garage is really “that old” then maybe you should replace it w/ plywood. but do you really want to tear it off and then find out you should have ordered the sheets, then you’re back atleast another day

bump

Im planning on doing mine the 19th. i am pricing everything for me to do it now going to check my cost against paying someone to do it

If you DIY it, do not buy the cheezy serated shovel thing, buy a roof ripper…
Much easier.
good:
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/211803327/roof_ripper.summ.jpg
Suck
http://www.prosupplydepot.com/catalog/images/RoofRIpperSteelLH.gif
My roof was ~$1500 including the roofing nailer and better materials than I was quoted for @ $3500

can i borrow yours?

who quoted u that

Can’t remember the guys name. He did a bunch of work for family members…
roofing, siding etc… I could dig up his number if you want.

IIRC, Stockmore quoted ~$5k

You can borrow it if you wish. It’s not the one pictured, but is very similar.

I had Tim H. (don’t have the spelling on me) do ours-
younger guy, who will actually be on the roof with the workers.
716-433-0696
nobody could touch his price

Abest is a great company. they are located in north tonawanda and have been around for 60+years same name and phone #. Their work is top quality and always stand behind it 110%. Pm me if anyone is interested im sure i can help get you a good price.

jeff heim . hes in amherst

1+ Richie is an excellent guy!

my cousin own a roofing company and i work with hem he got the best deals reali good quality and one of the fastes crews if u wannte hem to come and give u a estimate PM