Who wants Laser Cut Stainless ?

I have the opportunity to get some stuff laser cut out of 18ga stainless sheet. Car logos, graphics, ect. Programming it takes time and time = $$ so if you guys want something done there would need to be a reasonable quantity involved… say 10 pieces.

The stuff can be as big as 24" x 14" and maybe bigger.

Here is a large example.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2286/snakenb1.jpg

8 x 5" would cost about $35

24x14 about $90

:tup:

I have access to a laser cutter at school.

Far too much fun to play with…

edit: is it done from AutoCAD?

Im not sure. Im not the one doing it.

We use AutoCAD for all our lasers at work… kinda

AutoCAD drives all our CO2 lasers, but we transfer the files to LaserCAD for the YAG’s…

Pretty fun stuff there; but programming doesn’t take that long, even for complex designes… I’ve done a 24x18" Firebird Formula WS6 Logo all custom done and it took me longer to get everything arranged the way I wanted it and crosshatched (for patterning in the fill-in areas because I only cut the outside, and etched the centers) than “programming it”, which took a hit of the print button and some editing of the paramaters.

As long as it’s a 2D design with etching and cutting, it’s not really a “programming” task persay, but more of a layout and print. If we’re talking a 5-axis (3D) Laser system than that’s an ENTIRELY different animal and needs to be programed like a true CNC machine.

Its only 2D but like you said… there is some setup time. Laser time is not cheap either.