my laser cut t bucket parts are finally here :) + an installed pic now also !

they showed up today after taking FOREVER to get here from Nova Scotia. just need some file work here and there to get them up to snuff

cant wait to ship them out, and after that ill be saying i cant wait to have pictures of them in use on peoples cars

from this:

to this:

pretty cool.

Where exactly do they go? Got a mock up/drawing?

why the other holes on the bottom?

they are steering column drop brackets to secure the column to the dash, these were made so that you can bend the ends of both sides into tabs and bolt it around the column

i had to come up with a design that could be modified to work a whole number of ways, and this was the best way to do it that i could come up with

heres a large image that shows a billet one in use.

http://gearheadcity.com/images/MotorheadJewelry/TradeShow/RickDoreInterior.jpg

Thats awesome. Its great that you are building and selling. Keep it up.

Sweet :tup:

ive got a few more things im working on at the moment too, so im definantly going to keep going … gotta have cool things to show off on my website at least :stuck_out_tongue:

cant you use these in the old 37 ford roadsters?

anything where the column doesnt meet the dash … column center to dash bolt center is 5.857"

but i think they are spoken for, 9 sold and one possible reject out of 10 . which i think was the first one cut…

ive got some creative book shelf brackets in the works that any street rodder should like, couple SHO related parts (ick i know) 4 different t bucket suspension items … and some tings that so far are just ideas in my head … some of which i might need a graphic designer for … one with previous street rod art experience :slight_smile:

why did you get them laser cut? are they too thick to stamp??

stamping a part like this would require tooling to be made, and these worked out to like $6 each after shipping and customs

not gonna get custom punch and dies for $60, let alone have the parts cut

cool I didnt realize laser cutting was so cheap :tup: to you

cnc plasma would actually have been cheaper, but not quite as exact or clean, and since i had people already eager to send me $ for these i wanted them back out the door asap

looks good. what about water jet cut? how does that price out?

Brian

pretty sure water jet is more expensive. the one company that quoted the job quoted it as water jet instead of laser, and they wanted like 75/piece

the most expensive laser cutting price was 40 i think …

is that 10ga?

do you just like hearing yourself talk?

Looks like something around there HRS? Why not do stainless?

No, I just asked a genuine question (like four other people that responded) which is most likely what the OP intended when creating this thread

sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities:gotme:

well it was a terrible question. try to ask a better one next time.