Who wants to build my B18?

I need to get my B18 built up for boost. I am to lazy to do it myself , so I would rather pay someone to do it for me ;D

I have a B18b lower end to be built to handle a daily 15psi. The block has already be hot tanked and honed. I have some tuner toys H-beam rods I want to throw in it. I still have to pick up pistons and bearings. I want to see what it would cost for someone to build it for me though. This is my spare block so theres no rush on it yet.

Any takers?

how did you hone the block without pistons?

The block was honed the get the glaze out the cylinders. It wasn’t bored or anything like that.

a hone isnt a one size fits all type of deal. you are supposed to hone the cylinders to piston specs. some pistons need more piston to wall clearances depending on the material and intended use. im assuming you want to try to use an 81mm piston instead of an 81.5mm, but you will still need to hone the block again to get the proper piston to wall specs.

Yea I get what you are saying. I picked the block up of my buddy the way it is. I don’t build engines so its all new to me. Any suggestions would be helpful. Would I be better off going with a 81.5mm piston instead of the stock 81mm?

we almost always go 81.5mm on most of our builds. start fresh, and we have never had any sleeves failures even at 81.5mm and 500+whp.

we(synapse motorsport) charge $500 to assemble a bottom end if you brought us the parts, not including any machining needed.

ouch.

give me ten grand, ill do it. :rofl

SOLD!

$500 isn’t really to bad considering Synapse’s reputation of quality cars. I may bring it down there anyways once I have some time to pick up everything else. I may pickup the pistons myself, but I think I will have you guys get the ACL bearings for me. That was my main concern when buying parts.

we have the bearings in stock. just give us a call whenever you are ready. 518-261-1790