Who was at shannonville yesterday? Pix/Videos?

It was my first time at shanonville so I was learning the track, did okay, but was mostly learning. LoL went offroad three times, and last time I went offroad killed my cold air intake elbow and filter.

I had video from the podium but the cheap walmart tapes were damaged (brand new)… sux… lost all the footage :frowning:

There was like 4 240s other than my own. One nice green s14, some black guy in a black s13 coupe who i was tailing (traffic haha just kidding), and some other s14. I’m not sure if any of them had an SR or were KA.

Was fun just too bad I killed my intake, so I retired :frowning: Oh well… good learning experience, good track to learn on. Mosport DDT is easy to drive on, this track was alot more challenging and more fun. I wish I could have kept going.

Post pix/videos if you got any :slight_smile:

i knew it was you ahmed - we have some footage of your car.

You found ddt easier than smp? Weird, never heard that before. Smp is FLAT with no blind corners.

Maybe I’m just so used to smp, I know every corner better than my own side streets. Hahhha. I really really love that track. All configs. Fave is still long track and always will be. Though pro track is fucking sick on a 180bhp litre bike. It flows so quickly. Only sharp corner is the hairpin before back staight.

Ahmed, which was your fave corner and why? Oh, what config was it?

It was the long track config, i really enjoyed it! So many beautifully designed corners, so much variety. Short/tight/narrow/long everything including a few straights.

I was only able to hit 165km/hr on the backstraight lol the ka loses power at higher revs so that sucked. Even coming from the podium straight into the first corner I had to shift just right to get to about 150-160km/hr before the second corner… I would enter at about 140-150 but I felt a lil worried the car would understeer (no rear swaybar) or oversteer… so I’d brake lightly and then mash full throttle… but if i didnt shift right i’d end up with only about 140km/hr on that straight. The KA felt best shifted at 5500rpm. Same with the long straight away. I managed to hit 165km/hr on there IF I shifted JUST RIGHT… otherwise i could end up with 145-150km/hr if i shifted at like 7k rpm. Lame.

Favorite corner? Hard to say… I just liked the whole track. I like the first set of corners from the straight away. I like the ones in the middle where you go through a few sections then mash on full throttle before you have to lightly slowdown, continue then go into the slight set of tight corners… then it gets a lil boring before the long straight away… then the long straight away fast corner is FUN, going through that section (i went off once here lol)… going through there as fast as possible was mad fun then comes the tight corner where I had to downshift to 2nd an understeered LOL… before the straight away. The middle of the track has tons of curvy stuff that I really enjoyed! Hard to put in words it’s all in the head.

I was understeering alot… as I have no rear swaybar at the moment (grip trick/test). The car was rolling alot even though I have 10.7kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear springrates… so I’m hoping to put the rear swaybar and see how that affects things. I run -3 front and -1.8 rear camber… so i may increase both…

I’ll be getting a set of nt01s in two-three weeks… so I’m anxious for that as well…

On the higher speed corners where I was entering at like 140km/hr I would like to install the gtc-200 wing i got and see how that helps… i wish i had a gtc-300 but meh… $$$. And the car turns in great when I shift the weight to the front by braking lol… so I imagine a front splitter would make the car turn in alot better and probably even brake better… the car is relatively light…

Car definitely needs more power… i have yet to dyno my ka with boltons but its anoying when it runs out of steam at top end. I am planning to get nistune eventually and maybe some different cams…

I fell off track three times as i went in a lil too fast and tires needed a break as did i.

First time I fell off was in the middle somewhere I forget exactly now as I was a bit tired and tires needed a cool down lol… not racing tire… and well I was still learning this track. Second time I fell off at the straight away first high speed corner… tires were running hot… trail braked a lil too much and out went the back lol… third time i fell off from the mid section high speed sweeper before the sharp right turn and other set of turns… this was brutal… i was getting comfortable and i was pushing it a bit here n there i went in a lil too fast… locked up the fronts and off to some sweet grass hoping i went. I killed my cold air intake elbow and air filter lol… I went back on track and retired for the day :frowning:

The mistakes I made, make me learn from them, both driving wise and car adjustment wise.

I was doing OKAY. On mosport ddt even with a broken RUCA i was chasing down every single car and forcing them to let me go lol… with shanonville… I was keeping up with all the cars and passing a few but really required more driver learning, better lines as opposed to just aggression and some fine tuning on the parts i mentioned… and wish i had more power haha…

Meh end rant… it was tons of fun. I just need to get a 3" filter now… elbow is still fine just a lil bent which is nothing a hammer can’t fix.

I noticed my front left is also more negatively cambered so i probably bent an lca or something along those lines, i hope its nothing major. Hopefully I’ll have it up on the hoist today. Sucks I went off roading :-/ But hey we learn from our mistakes, all good experiences.

I found mosport ddt far more easy than shanonville. It was all low speed tight corners for the most part… while shanonville had alot of higher speed and tighter variety of corners. Just my opinion and how i felt.

I had two hours of video footage… but the stupid mini-dv tape from wallmart was deffective :frowning: so no more footage :frowning:

Oh well.

240xcsv:

I haven’t been on Shannonville in a while. Has the road conditions changed much, like is it a lot smoother and easier to get more speed on the straights?

Those tires are good, I thought about getting em but decided against it as I’m selling the car; why’d you pick them?

You coming out to any Dig track days, because I’m gonna try to go to last few and wondered if I could get a ride in your car? See if all the crazy stuff you’ve done to it is worth it :smiley:

Well i am hoping to make it for bings’ day this week actually unless wife/family comes up with something. My grandma is leaving within the next two weeks so I have to spend time with family extra :slight_smile: Family comes first to me… :slight_smile: I am pretty preoccupied with life, work, family… so car comes last lately… But hopefully ill be out to dunnville for bings’/onyx’s day… I was suppose to come to the digs’ dunnville date a while back but it was a rainy day and i decided against going. I have to test out my go pro wide :smiley:

Anyways I am actually driving my winter car at the moment as you’ll know from the above essay i killed my intake… and I think I bent a front lca on my lil offroad excursion. Front left is toed out and negatively cambered. I will probably find out tomorrow whats up. I already got a replacement 3" air filter so that’s an easy fix… and hopefully nothing else is wrong… if there is something else wrong I’ll have to delay… we all learn from our mistakes haha…

Reason for nt01? Well I was going to get a replacement set of extreme performance sreet tires like nt05s or kumho xs or even the direzzas which are just fine, etc… but then i figured wth? I only drive the car in summer for a few months and now am more interested into road racing than autox… so I figured might as well buy my first r comp. They handle heat better, they are more consistent, they grip better, better response… so why not. The azenis are a great beginner budget performance tire but whatever. I need as much as I can out of this setup as I am still on a stock KA (well with boltons). I find it half the fun pushing this car while still being just a KA. Nothing to be too proud of, I have much to learn still and much to improve both car and driver.

If I had the time and money honestly I’d just build this as an exclusive track car only… I’m so impressed when I see some of these guys that bring out all out track cars. There was this really sweet white rsx. Not sure if its a cctcc car or what… but it was fun to watch (loud as hell). It’s so much fun to go faster and faster… Honestly I’d run even crazier spring rates… but I’m still dailying this thing and despite the fancy koni dampers with digressive valving, they are still not a lexus ride on the regular roads. On a tired day from work it can still get annoying… but in the end still worth it, somehow still fun as our cars with some coilovers feel like a lil go kart unlike my volvo boat. I hate driving boring cars… always need a sense of adventure and freedom to make my ride from point a to point b fun :smiley:

Don’t sell your car… you’ll be wasting all that time and effort, heart and soul you put into it. Instead please re-strategize. If it’s money issue or time issue or motivation for continuation of the project, just rethink it, don’t dump it away. When I got this car I knew I was in for something long term… and that I would never get my money back lol. Fix the few issues you have on your car and keep it. I actually want a ride in your crazy 400whp SR beast lol.

This car was insane and an inspiration. If I were to ever build a car from scratch again it would be an fd rx7:

http://thewirdsdomain.com/rx7/track/fireball3.jpg

This is the whie rsx I was talking about, frickin awesome:

There was also a silver gtr, i should have asked the guy for a ride:

This guy was cool he showed me the lines and he has a beatiful g35:

YEAH BABY first footage of me LOL… not very exciting but hey:

I’ve got a question for those who went.

For those running a lowering spring + strut combo, how was the body roll?

I recently gave drifting a try last night and was amazed at how much body roll stock suspension has. Coilovers are $$$, but I’m only looking for a decent setup for DD’ing, so whats people’s opinions on lowering springs and body roll?

f8kg/mm r6kg/mm or f9kgm r7kg/mm is the standard run of the mill springrate off the shelf coilovers run. That’s streetable.

I run f10.7kg/mm r8kg/mm but have digressive valving dampers which are a bit more comfortable… still not what you would enjoy on the street unless ur retarded like me.

For the most part I don’t have much body roll, but I had tons of body roll on the track. This may be in part due to lack of rear swaybar so I can’t tell yet. But if I still get body roll I might go up in spring rate. I asked that guy in the blue rx7 what he runs and he says he has 16kg/mm front and 18kg/mm rear. No wonder his car was so frickin flat through the corners. He runs 275/40 hoosier R6s on 17x9 rpf1s.

I might hop to some 12kg/mm front an 10kg/mm rears. I really ultimately wana transform this to a track only car… but I have long long ways to go. Especially driving improvement.

go with even maybe 7/5 u will roll but u will still stay comfortable on the street. Get good dampers… dont get off the shelf chinese stuff. The higher end japanese stuff costs alot too and gets the jdm tax 4000+ so… might as well build something yourself.

Koni yellows can handle 8kg/mm fine. So some koni yellows + 7/5 should be super comfortable/grippy.

I was so impressed with that blue rx7

As I was saying he runs 16 front and 18 rear.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/RE-Amemiya-Quantum-RE-Spec-Coilover-Kit-FD3S-RX-7-51139

Here’s the actual coilovers, notice the 6000USD price tag + shipping/etc… That’s what I meant by higher end japanese coilovers costing an arm and a leg. Then again off the shelf motons, ADS, ohlins (not the japanese valved ones), etc… would cost an arm and a leg.

The upper limit on my dampers is 18kg/mm as well… but a revalve should be in order…

FYI, the silver gtr was having trouble keeping up with this rx7 heh. The rx7 has about 380whp as the guy told me.

Interesting statistics…

Gautam’s (Gonad) question:
370 chars (no space)
459 chars (spaces)
93 words

Ahmed’s (240xcsv) reply:
2458 chars (no space)
3045 chars (spaces)
591 words

Ratio: 1:6.6

Amemiya coilovers are wicked

Looks similar to your name. :slight_smile:

Its been brought up repeatedly. Give the guy a break, he’s a crazy russian immigrant who didnt do too well in english class.

lol ivan’s fucking awesome, but not when he’s sober.

L O fuckenL cal stop busting my balls i just like it better like that. i just didnt want to have a brand as a username so i made it like that way back

^lol x how many posts there was

Yay action shot:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs122.snc1/5248_118208863960_506443960_2153810_7677763_n.jpg