Whos got gutted cats?

A lot of things shape the exhaust and a turbo car isn’t losing anything from guttin the cars.

i know that wasnt talkin bout turbo cars none of mine have cats just talkin in general

Fair enough. Definately different approaches for exhaust when it comes to NA vs FI.

exhaust can vary all the way across the board diff strokes for diff folks …nitrous/ forced induction /na all have diff needs

Well my car is NA, so no turbos to muffle the exhaust.

I assume you’re talking about your VR-4? I wouldn’t have any qualms about gutting the Z if it was TT, but I’m not sure about back pressure on an NA. I’ve heard people say that its necessary for higher low end power and I’ve read some articles arguing that it doesn’t even exist.lol

I’ll just apologize and say I thought you were TT. :slight_smile:

its not backpressure that helps performance its scavenging thats why diff lenght headers will move the power band around on cars long tubes mid to top shortys low and mid then the rest of exhaust its a complicated formula :nod ya need to see what ya want and go from there

sorry about OT, but everytime you post i have a hard time reading what you say cause i just stare at those boobs trying to figure out whos they are.

back on topic, like a few others have said, just take the cats off and put pipes in. If you lose power you’ll be more likely to go turbo :lol :nod

thanks for the replies. I’m gonna be going with this

Vband catalytic converter.

edit… some cars sound downright nasty(in a good way) with open downpipes, B5 S4’s are one of those. turbo’ed VR6’s and i think my 1.8t sounds pretty nasty open downpipe since i have the big turbo on it… ive heard a stealth TT on open downpipes with 16g’s and it was a good sound, so Auggie, even you get the boot since its the same car.

ohhh its NA?! ok dont gut the cats…bad idea

Test pipes are pretty cheap. Buy them used for ~$30 each. Sell your cats and you just made money.

i got no cat …more raspier nd spools quicker on stock k03s :banana

raspy exhaust :nono
spooling k03 quicker :ohnoes that turbo is spooled at idle. i made 23psi at like 2800rpm… my current arrangment makes 3-4psi at 2800rpm

im running longtube headers, with no cars and a catback and my car isnt that loud, until you step on it

running 3"test pipe, and 3"exhaust,

pruis’s hate me. ;D

Cats are overrated. I have a dog myself.

i like it better then it sounded before . haa truethe turbo does spool easy but i noticed a difference with the 3"dp that it spools quicker … ::slight_smile:

TDI’s sound pretty good open DP too :giggedy

when you gonna run your car(tdi) open downpipe big girl.