why do i have to reset my goddamn facking router 4 times a day?

It’s not that hard, but about 4 times a day the internet stops working and i have to unplug the modem and router, plug the modem in, wait until all 4 lights iluminate, then plug in the router… wtf…

mine does it also, try getting a firmware update for the router.

Wierd, you should almost never need to touch either. Check for firm-ware updates, if applicable. If not see if the same issue occurs with the computer directly plugged in.

what kind of router

I remember those days of powerlink. That shit used to drive me crazy too. Ultimately one of the reasons why I dumped Adelphia. They always blamed it on my router even when it still did it when I bypassed the router. They even sent me a new modem and the shit still happened. It is very frustrating.

mine used to do that all the time when i was in raintree island in tonawanda.

it never does it at all now that ive moved in the city :gotme:

mine did it at Idylwood

even your appliances are emo

the modem might be losing sync with the server due to problems, maybe schedule a trouble call for a faulty modem. what modem do you have? motorola surfboard?

I do this twice a week.

Bitch at Time Warner and get a new modem… and the firmware update as well.

I had a Linksys and then a D-Link, they both did the same thing… so fucking annoying. Tried updating the firmware/software on them, it didn’t help. Just upgraded to a newer Netgear model, no problems… 100% strong connection so far (about 2 weeks straight now).

Some of the old ones are prolly just junk. But check to make sure you’re getting the best available one for whatever cpu’s you have. We have a few HP laptops here, and whatever integrated wireless they use - the Netgear’s were made to work better for them… plus the Netgear card in my desktop = FTW.

Update the firmware and it shouldnt be an issue anymore… what type of router do you have?

same here i had a linksys and was having to reset it all the time. went and bought a netgear wireless n router and its way better than my linksys ever was

ya’ll are telling him to do a firmware update when he had trouble sharing files on a windows network…

not a good idea.

someone just go over there and help him.

lol I got some ciscos you can have…

i’ve had that problem with every router i’ve had.
just needed to either update the firmware and/or replace the firmware
i tell most people to return it to the store for an exchange though since i’m pretty sure they aren’t supposed to come messed up, and no one has had an issue with the replacement… i’m just too lazy to return anything.

u mean linksys :slight_smile: