Why does my internet suck??

Ok guys I am kind of the suck when it come to computers so if you can help explain it to me like im a 5 year old.

Right now i have verizon DSL and in the past few weeks ive been having this problem. The problem is that i go online and after say 15-30 mins i i start getting server cannot be loaded thing pop up. Now usually i can restart my modem and it will work for another 15 or so minutes.

Now i have replaced the modem with the same one(stock that comes with dsl sign up) from my buddy who upgraded to fios. Have tried different cables and even tried switching to usb. Still the same problem, now i cant figure out if its something to do with my computer or is it verizon dsl sucking it up.

Any input would be great guys thanks in advance.

yo my ver DSL has been slow as well lately

They’ve been pissing me off lately.I’ve had a few problems…

Instead of 3mbps down I was getting 1.5,it was like that for a few days and I called and ended up getting a asian woman who had no fucking clue what she was talking about…trying to get me to do remote assistance,take the speakeasy speed test and clear my cookies.I hung up on her because I was so frustrated and left for awhile,I came home and my speed was back to normal again.:slight_smile:

Lately,I’ve had a problem similar to what you’re experiencing…I boot up and after 2 minutes my shit stops sending/receiving and it lasts about 2 minutes and then everything is fine.:gotme:

I’ve swapped DSL modems/NICS,different routers/ethernet cables and it does the same thing.I’ve even tried powering them down for hours.

I’ve been thinking of switching to this company…

www.cavtel.com/buffalo

They’re $40 for Phone/Internet,compared to verizons $75 and they claim up to 15mbps.

cavtel is a joke.

Just do some research before you sign anything with them, its 90% negative reviews from my quick glancing.

http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?q=cavtel

They are DSL and i think they just rent from the local phone co, so if your far from verizon’s CO i don’t think this would be any better.

You could try to run a dedicated line from your phone block to the modem. This way its not sharing a line and doesn’t have any of those cheap plastic duplexers in-line. Also make sure you have the filters covering all the regular lines still. Sometimes if the phone line is old, it doesn’t work so well.

$75 for DSL?

eff that, its $50 for TW cable.

Earthlink offers freestanding “naked” dsl in verizon coverage areas.

14.95 for 3 months, then 39.99 after that.

I’m not sure if verizon will give you naked dsl without a phone line.

I have the 3.0MBPS verizon dsl, and its been a solid 2.4mbps down since day one, I’ve been happy with it.

I run a skype phone on that and call it a day.

verizon will do dry loop dsl (no phone line)
its 39 bucks a month.

You guys don’t understand this concept…

No matter what DSL you order you’re using the same lines…if your line quailty sucks with verizon…Its not going to change with earthlink or anyone else.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:10,topic:37359"”]

No matter what DSL you order you’re using the same lines…if your line quailty sucks with verizon…Its not going to change with earthlink or anyone else.

[/quote]

I dunno if you were talking to me or not… but I was just saying you no longer need to have phone service through verizon in order to get DSL from them…

No I wasn’t people were just talking about switching DSL providers in this thread…

Yes they have been doing dry loops for a while now…

i have this same fuckin problem.

http://www.dslreports.com/im/38696290/1094.png

TW > DSL

If you buy the all the best package (phone, tv, internet) with TW you get bumped to 10/1 RR…

[quote=“cky89,post:13,topic:37359"”]

i have this same gay problem.

[/quote]

this sounds like a personal problem.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:10,topic:37359"”]

[/quote]

yeah we get that part, the talk was about providers, and pricing plans.

[quote=“evolve,post:15,topic:37359"”]

this sounds like a personal problem.

[/quote]

i just got owned.

touche!