Why I hate ppl and Craiglist..

Why I hate dealing with ppl and Craigslist!

Posted on CL, had someone txt me today with interest in the '96 Civic I have for sale.
He was about 45 mins from me and wanted to know if he could look at it today between 12:30 and 1pm.
I said yes and gave him the address to the local fire hall then from there he can call me and I can give him the rest of the directions.
He contacts me at 1:30 (half hr late) and I give him the rest of the directions.
He shows up, looks the car over for 40 mins, takes it for a drive, says he wants to buy it and we agree on a price. He then says he is going to his bank to get the cash which is 1.5hrs round trip. I say alright and wait…and wait…
Finally 4:30, I text him and ask when he plans on showing back up?
He texts back that he “found another Honda on the way to the bank for $1500 less that ran better and sorry for the inconvenience.”
SO much for ppl’s word actually meaning something and having the courtesy of following through on a deal.

FUCK That guy! Asshole!:liar:

Lol.

I’m glad you find it funny…
Douchebag sellers and dirtbag buyers, CL has 'em all.

Sounds like he wanted a joy ride

If his idea of joy ride is in a stock Hx, he needs to find better cars.
Ahh well, that “joy ride” cost him two hrs and over 100 miles in gas in his mini van.

InB4StolenCivicThread

x2

Yeah. It happens.

I usually try and make them give me a deposit for $50.

Yeah… deposits are the way to go. I like to do a signed intent to purchase paper of some sort… I will always do one if I’m buying, because I don’t just give money away and have no recourse if they lie and say I didn’t…
But if I’m selling, I’ll do it if they ask otherwise I don’t care.

I have had people from this very forum do similar things. it is not a Craigslist specific issue.That is why i also ask for a deposit. If they don’t have $50, I will take anything. I took a $10 deposit once.

Another thing that makes no sense to me, is making flat out serious offers and NOT having the cash in hand, “I need to sell my car first”…