Why is FireFox doing this?

It’s not just for NYSpeed, but I’m using this site as an example. Wikipedia and even Google have shown up like this when I use FireFox. It’s as if I’m only getting a text version of the internet, lol. All other browsers show up fine.

It has to be a setting somewhere? I think the browser just updated and I re-installed it just to check and same damn thing:

Try running in safe mode, what happens?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode

Same thing happens.

Do you have themes installed? or add ons? extensions?

I realize safe mode should disable addons/extensions but idk about themes?

None of that installed. Maybe I’ll just do a clean install instead of a reinstall.

I will get this once in a while on my work PC, which is a piece of crap on a semi-piece of crap connection. It seems to happen when a page doesn’t load quickly/completely, usually a refresh does the trick for me.

Tried to refresh, no luck :frowning:

this happens to me every so often mostly with facebook

This was what pushed me to DL and start using Chrome.

Well I’m using Chrome at the moment, lol.

I was die hard FF, then it started doing that…

Well there must have been some sort of add-on running because after my 2nd full uninstall (after checking “remove add-ons & info”) and using Ninite it now works. We’ll see if it lasts.

Weird I stopped using Firefox because it was sucking up memory like crazy.

Just make the switch to chrome its more secure anyways.

Went from FF to chrome as well. Usually what you’re seeing happens when the connection is slow and it strips off the CSS.

I’ve seen that a few times on FF. Refresh cures it for me, though.

Does Firefox have a debugger console you can see if it gets the stylesheet file?

Mine has done that once in a while for years and years. Usually a refresh fixes it but sometimes it will do it multiple times before it fixes itself. Over multiple versions of FireFox.

Used to see that now and then when I used FF but a refresh always fixed it. Another Chrome convert here.