Why Lucas Oils rock (Gear Oil tests, for the nerds)

Tallied results on page 19;

http://www.technilube.com/brochures/g2457_gl_white_paper_0907.pdf

In all fairness look at the source…

U don’t trust amsoil? Honest question.

I love the scanned notarized affidavits in the doc lol (TLDR, @ work)

Redline didn’t do as well as I thought it would. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised that it got so thick at low temps. My truck doesn’t like to shift very well on the couple of cold mornings we’ve had so far…

[quote=“Toda Party,post:2,topic:38860"”]

U don’t trust amsoil? Honest question.

[/quote]

Hell no, it’s not called Amsoil on the Edge.

Seriously though, I’m sure Lucas is crap, didn’t think it was literal though.

The only thing is that everything is weighted on a 1-14 scale, and everything is weighted equally. i.e. Some things should be on a 1-7 scale, some on a 1-28, some on a 1-70.

I usually buy the mobil1 gear lubes and ATF because walmart sells it and I don’t have to order it special.

yeah

i think i’ll stick with redline & amsoil above ‘oil conditioner’

I always new lucas oil sucked.

BTW here is another nice site for oil and testing… http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:4,topic:38860"”]

Hell no, it’s not called Amsoil on the Edge.

Seriously though, I’m sure Lucas is crap, didn’t think it was literal though.

The only thing is that everything is weighted on a 1-14 scale, and everything is weighted equally. i.e. Some things should be on a 1-7 scale, some on a 1-28, some on a 1-70.

[/quote]

is there something I missed? I thought amsoil did well in the testing?

damn, i thought royal purple was good but based on tests, ill go with the ams oil.

I wouldn’t use syn gear oil in my rear end anyway…

I cross posted this on a technical dsm forum and got some feedback from a snowmobile racer…

Looks like Amsoil is a pretty shady company.

i heard nothing but good about amsoil. wtf is amZoil?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm another :tdown: for lucas

[quote=“layzie,post:12,topic:38860"”]

wtf is amZoil?

[/quote]

Didn’t you just learn how to spell on the internet last year…?

i dont get it?

STfu…lol Well I guess I have say what should have been implied… he just spelled amsoil with a z instead of an s.

love ya anyways kev.

so did you, then you edited it.

Remember the old TV commercial for (mobil oil?) with the old guy driving a Ford LTD at the front of a funeral line saying “motor oil is motor oil” while trailing a mile of blue smoke choking all the people behind?
Or am I showing my age,:lolsign:

I can’t trust anything from someone who can’t spell a word as simple as Amsoil properly.

It looks like they loved Amsoil in the first link listed. We’ve run their engine oil in plenty of customer’s cars who sent it in for oil analysis and Amsoil always tested better than whatever they were using before. I’ve never had any issues with their engine or gear oils so I trust them.

I’d love to see a non synthetic 75w90 test…

[quote=“layzie,post:17,topic:38860"”]

so did you, then you edited it.

[/quote]

Liar… no quote, no proof.