Why your views are wrong.

[ First, well, obviously, I don’t think that your views on any subject are wrong. They are your opinions and, inherently, cannot be wrong. However, the “facts” which you base your opinions on are most likely wrong. Most likely, they are not even facts, but sentiments passed to you by your peers, most likely from your bigot parents or your uninformed redneck uncle. That’s fine, but until you open your eyes to the world around you, until you actually stop and think for a moment, you run the risk of becoming voiceless, powerless and useless. I intentionally omit the word “slave”, because of it’s clichéd, watered down meaning. Bad punk songs chorus the word… I will avoid it.

Second, you may be asking just what sparked this apparently new-found affection for world affairs. The uniformed [that’s you: jeeves, badazzss, turbo LS1 ss and company] can simply say it’s a cry for attention, oh, look at me! However the real reason is quite far reaching, and in my late teens and early twenties, I was VERY interested in the underground political movements. I recently was visiting www.crimethinc.com, and it started the political seed in me once again.

And how do I feel about the whole mess? What should we do? Well, quite frankly, I am unsure. I do, however, know that we are buried up to our necks in a dirty war. A war derived not from an act of terrorism upon our soil, but reaching back decades ago. I am not republican, I am not a democrat. Bill Clinton was responsible for the strip bombing of the Sudan. The causulties were countless. We have been the target of hate from arab nations since the middle of the 20th century. Why? Ever hear of a little place called Palestine? The Israeli occupation of Palestine was funded and made possible largely, if not solely due to US backing. Do you think religion had anything to do with this occupation by the Jewish/Christian movement? You bet your ass it did. Your so called “radical, extremist, faceless, bloodthirsty killers” are the reason for this war? Hardly.

At least the terrorists had the heart to die for their cause, hardly the case when a civilian town in Afghanistan is bombed to rubble, the few American casualties seem to be traced to accidents. These acts of war UPON our nation are a direct reflection of acts of war BY our nation.

Am I saying the terrorists were right? Please, that’s preposterous. But it’s important to realize that, while these acts were an atrocity, they are retaliation. And our “great nation”, it’s leaders, (and through democratic association) you and I, are responsible for all that it has coming. I am willing to bet that the majority of the people placing all the blame on these “terrorists” for destroying the WTC, can’t even tell you what the World Trade Organization even does. They do not know about the millions of people in third world countries that are dispossessed and impoverished by it’s actions. And even if they did know, then they probably would not care, because the media tells us otherwise.

It’s much easier to watch the TV than to go out and speak with your neighbor. It’s much easier to have the information spoon fed to you. This is the point where you sigh, laugh, and mutter, silly kid thinks he knows everything. “The media is lying, Anarchy Punx UNITE” Want an interesting wakeup call, look into who owns major shares in the major media network, then please try to justify how these conglomerates have no benefit from applying filters and op-amps to the worldwide electrical circuit of international media…

That is all… for now.

Now, let the dis-information flow… ]

in on 1

I hate when I get in my car and it is toastered by the sun. :wink:

im confused

my point here is theres people family who died in the wtc attacks the sig imo mocks that

america mocks the wtc and the people who died there when they support this silly horrible war, saying that it’s revenge on the terrorists. I hope you’re more disturbed by that.

It’s 383KB! Too many lies no one will ever know the truth, except it’s being fought under false pretenses like many other wars in the world.

EDIT: Quite disgusting indeed.

joe, the sig belittles the instance no more than this propaganda:
http://www.mesavistapress.com/pix/NeverForgive03.gif
http://images.cafepress.com/product/14064617_240x240_F.jpg

it’s just a different message, same means.

That could be some little girls father in that sig. There are other ways to make a point. :tdown:

well, okay

what are you doing that makes you so different from everyone else? why is this thread special and different?

i’m really not trying to be a tool here… i’m just saying - maybe i’m missing something. there’s so many things going on in the country that are just FUCKED… it’s like, well - what do you do? where do you start and what impact can you have?

I had a friend die that day, and my point stands. his fucking signature on an internet forum sure as fuck wont bring her back. after quite a few months of trouble in dealing & accepting, I became incredibly disguted by the over enthusiastic media - to say the least. You can only have salt rubbed in a wound so many times before you start ignoring or accetping it.

As I told newman earlier, I applaud the point hes trying to make.

And obviously, it’s worked.

“the images of the attrocities in vietnam are what got us out of the war”

Not ironically, it takes something eye catching to open your eyes.

Your sig moves. That was enough to catch my eye. :wink:

i have had alot of moving sigs… this one seems to have prompted the most discussion. You know where i am going with this. You also seem willing to think. So i encourage you to continue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Minglor/PBF039BCSpaceLove.jpg

good thread :tup: are you ready to be called liberal by the republicans on the forum now? :lol:

this current sig of yours made me chuckle in a way…not cause i think its funny, i thought the irony behind it was funny

irony? explain, please.

sorry, irony wasnt the word im looking for…at all actually,truth is WAY more of an appropriate word…its late, sorry

Personally I’m not a fan of the typical American if I don’t like it, it’s not allowed to exist stance. If you don’t like the sig turn them off like that silly Evo driver did, it does take a strong political stance that is the point. And like it or not it makes most people think, others complain.