wild drive line vibration!

so after i have been driving around for a while, (around 20 min) every time i start from a dead stop, i get a violent drive line vib. the longer i slip the clutch, the worse… stuff line bounces out of my console. i have only had the car for a few week ( or yeah, its a s13 silvia with a CA) and i changed the clutch the first night i got it, so i dont know if i did it before. but i have another theory… i just put an oem used clutch in to hold me over while my SPEC clutch is on order, and i gave in NO break in time. but i figured it was a used clutch, and i am going to change it in a few weeks again anyways, so maybe its a really mean case of clutch chatter, cus it only does it at slip of clutch from a start… other than that, i removed the steady bearing while i was doing the clutch, and i might have put the brackets on backwards? anyone else had a violent DLV like this?

oh yeah, and it only does it after everything is warmed up, never when its cold

yeah you were right that theres no need to break in a used clutch. It sounds to me like it is definitly clutch chatter. What brackets are you talking about? the one that holds the throwout bearing? I If thats what you mean I couldn’t see it only causing a problem once the clutch gets hot, thats usually a sign of a f*d up disk or flywheel, especially since you say it gets worse the longer you slip the clutch, ie more heat is produced making things even worse. Hope this helps.

flywheel is loose???

My buddys S13 with SR did that same thing.
He replaced the clutch and bearings with new parts and it all went away. The shifter also used to flop around violently when accelerating and slipping the clutch, all that went away after, but I think one of the tranny mounts needed something…Can’t remember if it just needed tightening, or replacing or what, but give them a double check while your under there anyway.

Check your drive shaft bushing(s)…Ive had that happen before.

it’s definitly the clutch disk and/or flywheel

it was/is chartter… when i had the tranny out, i “resurfaced” my flywheel with a 3m scotch brite and my di grinder… not the best way to go about it, but its a used clutch, my new clutch got the good treatment, like a proper resurface…