will these wheels fit?

rims aren’t my thing, i’ve never really delt with that sort of thing since i’ve always jsut been using OEM rims tho they may be from an R32 lol… but anyways i now have available to me 17x8 +18 and 17x9 +18 vip style wheels, basically i jsut wanna know what the odds are of these fittign a 5lug s13 with R32 brakes & fully adjustable coilovers… am i going to need to roll? will that be enough? or am i just good to go? just looking for someone with lots more experiance with aftermarket rims on s13’s than i to clarify this up for me quick.

it depends on how slammed your car is, but you should not need more than a fender roll for the front. The back may also need a pull.

Any pics??

offsets and pics that give an idea of the spoke design are most important.

offset (combined with width) gives an indication of how far inside the wheel well the inside lip of the wheel will sit. this is important for determining if the wheels will clear coilovers or not. because the coilover perch that may cause clearance problems is above the hub a little bit of positive camber (not positive of 0 but positive of your current settings) can get rid of that clearance problem.

clearing calipers is entirely a spoke design question. offset only comes into play here when the mounting pad of the wheel is unusually thick (lugs mount deep inside the wheel). this can throw off gauging the clearance based on spoke design but a long / thick mounting pad means that they should clear anyways because it acts as a spacer.

end rant…Tiger - Uppercut

My opinion - Yes you will need modification to get those wheels to fit proper with that offset. Rolling and pulling. As mentioned though, it depends how low you are stock wise you may get away with little mods but be prepared for the wheels to stick out past the fender wells.

fronts should fit ok with camber and fender roll.
rears will need fenders rolled + pulled a bit.

What tire specs do you plan on running?

No pics no care :dunno:

Might need to roll fenders a bit, depends on what tires you will be running as well.

I would be prepared to bust out the old baseball bat though.

hmm tis as i thought… for those curious they look similar to this http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/JKim0901/mahdi1.jpg

hmm so i’m definatly loooking at a pull/roll situation eh… just after gettign the car painted lol… tires are un decided pretty much whatever i need… to start with i’d have w/e i pull off cars at work

:wackit:

I would definitely rock those. Let me know when you get them. :wavey:

your car is not a mercedes benz.

GT

Those are not Mercedes wheels.

they do look alot like AMG wheels…

http://www.alloy-wheels-and-rims.com/amg/amg-monoblock-performance-wheels.jpg

:?:

ding ding.

teh winar.

GT

Exactly, they ‘look’ like Mercedes wheels. :ugh:

Clearly the badge says VOLK RACING.

Oh well…

Unfortunately your car doesn’t “look” like a Mercedes either.

Unfortunately your car doesn’t “look” like a Mercedes either.[/quote]

No way! :shock:

http://home.comcast.net/~dchu81/img/240sx002.jpg

mercedes what? looks pimpin’ regardless…

vorks by ravs?

the wheels would suit a sil80 much better.

the body lines of a stock 240sx dont flow with the wheels…

where as a sil80 has a more abrupt cut to the front end…

GT

granted, but Ted drives a S13 Silvia Coupe