Will we get the ice storm today?

I have a garage. :slight_smile:

snapped mine too :frowning:

the back of a spatula works great though

+1

Of course, so does my neighbor who has so much stuff piled in his two car garage that he can’t even get one car in. I laugh in his general direction every time it snows and I drive away while he’s out scraping his cars.

+2
Although it kind of feels wrong parking an SUV in there, like i’m coddling it. I should be feeding it raw red meat mixed with N2o and leaving it out in the cold.

What felt wrong was when the front wheels rolled on top of 6 inches of snow and the roof scraped the door. :sword:

I’m surprised I didn’t have the same problem, I had about a 7-8 inch drift up against my door and my 20’s like to act like snowshoes on this hard stuff.

Large roof overhang FTW. Otherwise the wife would have probably knocked the garage off the foundation with the Expedition by now.

cool show aint it?

another shitty storm, nothing was delayed here. it even took me the same amount of time to get to work

in cheek we had about 2 inches of snow this morning, plus the 1/4" or so of sleet that fell last night

Ding… Round 2

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NYZ010&warncounty=NYC029&firewxzone=NYZ010&local_place1=Williamsville+NY&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY
MORNING.

WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL SPREAD ACROSS THE AREA FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
TEMPERATURES SHOULD BE COLD ENOUGH FOR ALL SNOW WITH ACCUMULATIONS
BY SUNSET FRIDAY GENERALLY AN INCH OR TWO. SNOW WILL CONTINUE
FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THE SNOW WILL LIKELY MIX WITH SLEET AT
TIMES ON SATURDAY AND COULD EVEN BRIEFLY MIX WITH FREEZING RAIN
SATURDAY AFTERNOON. COLDER AIR WILL FILTER BACK INTO WESTERN NEW YORK
SATURDAY NIGHT ENDING THE TREAT FOR MIXED PRECIPITATION. AT THE
SAME TIME…NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE LATE SATURDAY
RESULTING IN CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING. SOME UNCERTAINTY
REMAINS IN THE EXACT TRACK OF THE SURFACE LOW…BUT AT THIS TIME
IT APPEARS THAT SOME LOCATIONS COULD SEE UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW BY
DAYBREAK SUNDAY.

Next time, don’t even bother with that 63 degree day if this is what’s in store for us the week after.

yea this fucking weather blows.

Mother nature is such a god damn tease

In the fall I’m all for big snow storms. By March I’m ready for 50’s and getting ready for fishing season.

Friday afternoon through sunday :picard:

and people wonder why I want to move south…

Agreed. I don’t mind the season change from Late November/Early December - Late February/Early March but by then I am sick of it. I hate this 7 months of winter shit.