Wind violenty opened my truck door..repair?

I had to take my dad to the ER yesterday so I was in a rush. Anyway, I opened my door and the wind took it so hard that I yelled. There is no obvious damage, but it seems like the entire door is uniformly “set out” a little bit when it’s closed. I never looked at it that close before though so it might of always been that way, I don’t know. I’m talking like maybe 1/16", again nothing obvious. I also think there is more wind noise now getting thru the door seals.

Anyone ever had this happen (and a repair)? My body guy is going to look at it this week when I drop off the Camaro hood. It would not bother most people but I love my truck, just like PJB.

Hinge mnts Prolly stretched man , that and the Chevy doors do have a ton of wind noise .

Thanks. I had minimized the wind noise by treating the seals with DC4.

Yeah , a good silicone spray or the like that will swell seal quieter en down

So at ‘worst’ a part will need to be changed? I’m not a bodyman at all, i just home somethings not bent that can’t be bent back(?)

From what I have seen before and not seeing yours , the a pillar "what the hinges are welded to " opens up or bends and needs to be straigtened again and or hinges replaced .

Yup, you have to take the door and hinges completely off the truck and dolly the pillar frame back a bit. They don’t reinforce those areas enough from the factory. My jimmy has a sagged drivers door but it’s not worth my time to repair it.

seems like the Jimmy just needs door pins since they always wear out. I had to replace them on one of my S10’s and my Blazer and on a C/K truck.

Sorry I couldn’t really talk when you called earlier. Like Jon said it’s more then likely that the sheet metal on the cab of the truck stretched a little. Good excuse to trade her in for a dmax:rofl

It’s all good man, you’re busy too and have been a HUGE help to me.

This truck has to last until the wheels fall off, so I’ll make it an insurance claim if need be. It’s insured in my dads name and he has not had a claim in…idk…ever, lol, so we’re not worried about increased rates or anything.