Door Install.

Long story very short, i was going down to cattaragus county on friday to meet up with zwarbyt and a few others, lost control went offf roading and hit a tree with my buick.

Took out driver door. and dented rear door a little.

I have a new door picked out of a junkyard with everything i need.

Who can help me install this door and get all the wiring set up, and get the door lined up so it makes a good seal.

After seeing a mechanic friend of mine that works out of his garage, the b pillar has a small kink in it. 1/2 3/4 of an inch in. That will need to be pulled.

I Think with another set of hands i can hang the door, but what i cant do is wiring and lining the door up so that it meshes and doesnt leak.

you have 1111 posts.

EDIT Oh yeah the door…umm that sucks. drive to buffalo?

Any good body shops in buffalo, can Hybrid do this? Don…?

Bump, need this done tomarrow or wednesday. I need my car

do it yourself…Im sure it only takes a few minutes to install.

I can get the door on the hinges sure, but with the damage to the b pillar it wont line up properly and may not even close. and i dont know shit about wiring

if the door is the same (power locks/windows/ect) just cut the wires and re connect them it isnt fucking rocket science.

to get my door on the gwagon to line up i had to make shims to support the bottom hinge, bolt it down, it was pretty much trial and error. get a friend, give it a shot. its pretty straight forward

Its the same door, different color but same door.

Is it just splicing the wires, the family friend mechanic said, if you go splicing wires nothing will ever work properly its a nightmare. are all the wires color coded like when installing a deck?

Im getting a quote form Nu Look collision tomarrow, im hoping less than $300

when i put my door on i didnt connect anything, i didnt have to. the gwagon didnt have power anything.

how about this, rip the boot apart and have a fucking look see?

THIS ISNT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE!

I just got a quote from a body shop, i need a body shop to do this, there is b pillar damage and may be roof and frame damage where the hinges are. Im calling around and having quotes done, this is not something i can do anymore

best case scenerio we could attempt it here. But your best bet is taking it to a collision shop.

to reconnect the wiring just take off the inner door trim and unplug everything, then route the wire out of the door. To install the new door, feed the wires back through. done. To get it to line up, use shims at the hinge. I don’t know about body work, so i can’t help with the kink…

The guy from nu look collision said there may be roof damage and damage where the hinges connect to the frame and the latch area. according to him the door looks bowed in, so it may have stretched everything around it. He also quoted at least 1k and would probably be more.

Im geting a qoute from another local body shop, if all else fails, the guy i bought the door in bergen gave me a flat rate of $125 dollars and ill just let him go at it for 5 hours and laugh.

Thanks for all the help so far

dude…i would just try to rig it up as best as possible for the cheapest. i would think it would be most cost effective to do it this way for your lesabre because i know you are always thinking about buying something else.

this needs to last long enough to get me out of debt so i can save for something else.