Winter Build Plans???

I’m building a real estate portfolio…haven’t looked at or touched a car since mid-summer…

I have never built a motor. Just heads, cam, etc but never pistons/rods/bearings. Let us know how it goes!

• Updated - - -

This thread is for building cars…

They are going to look pretty sweet. I thought they would be way more noticeable than they are but They are pretty flashy while still remaining low key.

I would imagine my spring rates are relatively stiffer than the ones you guys are getting. I was going to get STM’s coilovers or AWD but ended up ordering Stance GR. I think I will get a good 60’ still , but rolling out from that initial squat might be the tough part. Maybe I’ll make a mid season change if it’s bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of time are you guys looking for?

I have a garage with some k series things and a motorcycle it it. Maybe I can get my money and laziness in check

1958 Merc outboard for the boat project (remember that?). Years of damp storage (before me), along with some mice, have taken it’s toll on the rig. Internals should be good as I am getting solid compression and it did run before being put away, but exterior components like the carbs, fuel, wiring, etc. are all corroded and shitty. Gonna set up shop in the basement and get into it after the holidays. Also looking to re-coat as much of the metal as possible, as well as polish up the exposed aluminum…and if I’m super awesome I’d love to source out a stainless prop to tie it all together.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/deener50/59%20Wood%20boat/DSC_0369.jpg

Looks cool as hell. More pics ASAP

If I could get a 10.99 on my stock turbo that would be cool…

My winter project will be about a week of work this year.fix exhaust leak(need to purchase new header gaskets), replace rear bushing inside of the t-56,Taller gear set (3:69), a new set of drag radials,and more nitrous.

Whats that on top of the intake manifold?

coolant/steam crossover lines, but the cool braided stuff instead of the hard lines.
Here is what’s oem kinda, google image…

Mehhh.

Hell yeah Noor. Building a spare? Or did you blow up the 2.4? That thing was a fucking angry rodent on the highway

Weren’t you working on hairdresser status last time we talked cars?

I have a holiday shutdown at work the next week and a half and plan on buying a thousand beers and using every stinkin day to get stuff done…

Daily drivers:
-Oil change and serpentine belt on fiance’s A4
-Timing belt, serp belts, tensioners on my muffwagon beater
-finish cleaning the broken glass powder out of the muff dash from the deer incident

6.0 BMW (in order of occurrence)
-Burnouts in garage
-Remove old bumper covers
-Test fit both M-Bumpers
-Drop off new bumpers, hood and a fender for respray at focusinprogress’s’s’s
-Buy lumpy cam, valvesprings, pushrods
-Get drunk and throw it all in the motor
-Install some dual fans on the radiator, possibly fab up a shroud
-Port and polish LS6 TB i have laying somewhere
-Ditch the AUX fan
-Replace all rear diff bushings
-Change oil in motor, trans, and rear end
-Start to revise exhaust so the cutout doesn’t drone so horribly bad
-Have Donovan tune it again

^ jabs on jabs on jabs.

I’m doing a lot of other people’s projects, not much for myself yet…maybe in 3 months I’ll start the re-do on my CB550 cafe again…this time wayyyyyy more intense of a build.

Been doing ANOTHER focus RS replica build for someone in PA that shipped me their car.

I’m just teasing. I know it’ll do good burnouts in the spring. Keep on it. Throw some pics up.

Nothing big planned for the DSM.

Upgrade my tuning software, so I can use the injectors I bought. Turn up boost. Drive the damn thing.

Slow and steady progress on project Formula Resurection. Have all the destruction done, now starting fab. (Smoothed engine bay, and vertical Griffen radiator.) Not going to make my running deadline, but have 6 months to get her back rolling which will be fun enough.

Just refreshing the motor. Getting it ready for the SC next summer. Maybe install a new Diff if i find something i want.

I’m casually shopping for a C6 but should really be installing parts for my X5 and E30.