winter tires???

so i plan to lift my jeep befor the snow hits…there seems to be two sides to the story when it comes to wide tires in the snow. They make 35x12.5 snow tires but snow tire or not would’nt i slid everywhere? i read that if you lower the tire pressure its alot better…i am pretty culeless on the topic. I’ve never owned a 35x12.5 tire ever in my life…ne info on the topic would be pretty cool

I have 32x11.5 -15’s on my beast, when its slippery they suck but what doesnt, in the lovely powder they work like theyre in the mud. Its a toss up.

im pickin up some 33x12.5 firestone destonation M/T’s for my rig in a week or two… if it sucks in the snow ill just drive the unstoppable honda with snows!!

last winter i had Goodyear MT/R’s 33-12.5 15’s on my Bronco … they sucked the balls …

winter tires on a truck should always be narrow and tall

Late reply, but it doesn’t matter if its a 4x4 or a car. snow is like slippery rain. You want to apply as much pressure to a given area as you can, and cut in. Narrower (to a point) is better. For ice, its all about friction, so tire design matters much more. Snow is about clearing the tread blocks, so snow tires have wide spaced blocks, and many have sipes (cuts in the tread block that remove no material) to add surface area for ice driving.

Studs to the same thing, they cut into the ice (more surface area making contact) and also change the direction that some of the friction is applied (just like its easier to climb an ice wall with a pick rather then just your hands.

SOO, go narrow since both choices really aren’t very narrow.