Wireless DSL Signal Question

I was curious if anyone here has donw anything to boost their wireless signal throughout their house. Any ideas?

Hmmm. I dunno. Maybe see if there is a way to move the router to a more centralized location in your house. All you would need to do is to put a phone jack in. My router seems to have pretty good range. The modem is in a upstairs back bedroom and I get great signal out on the front porch. I live in Kenmore where the houses are long.

Avoid trying to use it through walls. Put it in a higher up place.
Other than that, there isn’t much you can do.

Walls really aren’t even that much of a concern. The upstairs tenants at my apt. use my router and I mainly use it two rooms over from where its positioned.

Replace the antenna one it assuming its removable, if not get a router with a removable one and get at least a 6dbi omnidirectional one for it, you can also get them up to 7-15dbi depending what you want to spend.

I know flourenecnt lights hurt the wireless signal considerably… but there isn’t a way to avoid that really… lol. I was hoping someone here has tweaked their connection or the modem itself to make it have a better signal… thanks for the help.