wireless help

(background)
my stinkpad has built in wireless and 2 days ago i lost any connection i could get to my wireless router, the router sees my mac address, i see a signal from the router (nothing changed in any configuration as no one was home but the computer was online)…so i figure must be something with the router. (when i open network config i’m transmitting but not recieving…when i open wireless radio control it shows i’m recieveing but not transmitting) it won’t give me an IP address it hangs up and i get an error renewing IP

today we had i’m guessing a power surge as the router quit completely i tried “rebooting” it with no luck as it won’t get a connection from my ISP and i no longer recieved a wireless signal on my stinkpad. so i went and got a new router and it’s doing the exact same thing with wireless, i show wireless activity on the router, i see my mac address in the log, i’m seeing a signal from the router but it wont’ give me an ip address. DHCP is enabled and was enabled on the old one as nothing in the config could have been changed at the time (unless i though someone hacked it but the new one is doing the same thing)

any ideas?

router probably shit the bed, I had the same problem with my linksys after a power surge at the house. Bought a new wireless router, configured it and everything was fine

did u miss the part i said this is a brand new router doing the exact same thing? (motorola)

right now i got a 20ft network cable runnin into my room :madfawk: