wish me luck (detailing)

im taking the truck to a car show this weekend, and i quite honestly can’t afford to have Corey come out and do this for me. most of this stuff i’ve nver used b4 (engine brite, clay bar, 3 stage waxing technique, etc). so i made a little shopping trip to pep boys, and we’ll see what happens. im giving myself a good 4 days (the truck will not be driven untill the day fo the show) to do this so i can take my time and have time to fix anything that i may (and prob will) screw up. so…wish me luck and any tips would be appreciated!

how are you doing this… by rotary or by hand?

I was going to say… for the cost of those materials, im sure either corey or myself would have at least clayed/polished the paint.

You arent going to get much of a finish polishing by hand. Probably more swirls than anything.

return it and have dozer or cory do it

watch them and learn

ok, i spent $70 on everything. and i would be doing it by hand. BUT the Meguiars stuff says its desinged to be hand polished. if one of you guys can do it for less than $70 then i would highly consider it

[quote="DasRougeGoober""] Stage 1 - $45 cars ($60 trucks) [/quote]

^

dozr has a PM…

that is going to do nothing to ur paint except make it slippery. let corey or dozer task a whirl at it best bang for the buck there. my car still waxy

if u have a lot of lil scratches and swirls u will only make it worse if u dont know what to do…other than that just take ur time and dont rush especially on black paint…i detailed cars for 6 yrs and i will still have corey or dozer buff my car and the interior stuff is easy but darker paints can be a pain in the ass…but if u feel confident and want to do it jsut take ur time

i think im just gonna have it done. i honestly have no clue what im doing. hopefully i will have a new DD by next week so the truck can stay in the garage most of the time. i think whatever it ends up costing me to have it done ocne a year (mayb twice) is worth it.

I know. I would have helped him :slight_smile:

I like chinese food! :wink:

Having someone who knows what they’re doing is the smart choice. However, if you keep up to date with waxing and general maintenance of keeping the truck clean there really is no need to have a pro do much in the future.

i already PMed Dozr, but cory, if u have anything to offer (wheather it just be for me to pay u to do it or for me to buy u chinese food to help me do it with my stuff) or a combination of both, let me know.

dozr does good job. When would you want to do this? I like china food. Combination sesame chicken and pork fried rice…

:slight_smile:

Can I save you a few bucks?

Ditch the meguiars paint cleanser. Your truck doesn’t need it. No oxidation. I have no idea why they mislead people into believing that it is necessary.

Want a better wax? Get Meguiars #16 at K&S. Or Duragloss. But then you have to return the pre-polish–I think Duragloss has their own. They sell it at Carquest.

Return the Mother’s clay bar and get the $10 claymagic blue bar at Autozone. It’s better anyway.

thanks for the advice corey. im prob jsut gonna have dozr do it and observe as he does it.

Well, okay.

if I had a buffer and knew how to use it, then mayb but it seems like its really hard to make good of anything without one.

way to support ur forum sponsers

bha we’re in love again.

:bday:

:smiley: