Wite smoke.

so i started up my 240 the other day. had been sitting for about 3 weeks. and when i started white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. it did this until it reached running temp. took it out for a spin for 10 mins or so, no more white smoke. i turned it off and started it back up half hour later. still no smoke. should i be worried at all? thanks

Nate

could be just a lot of condensation… did the smoke smell at all?

yea, had a strong smell to it.

was the smell at all sweet? if it was, it might be coolant burning.

no it wasnt sweet. and i checked my compression about a month and a half ago and was perfect.

maybe what motor you have would help?

could be due to it freezing balls out
burning oil if the smoke was blue (could be a turbo seal)
burning coolent (also could be turbo issues)
could be a million things, details?

sorry is a KA24DE non turbo at the moment. and it is stored in a garage so its not too cold.

smoke was not blue. and if it was burning oil wouldnt it continue to do so even when the engine reaches temp?

it only has 88000 km on the engine too. i think the wear on engine should be minimal

if you need any more info ill let you know.

thanks

monitor it and see if it comes back… may just be from sitting and it being cold… no big deal

Fill up a bit of gas then drive around for a bit. Sometimes water condenses inside your fuel tank if its been sitting for a while.

just because your compression is good does not mean that your motor is perfect. you should start with a pressure test.

sounds like its just condensation. smell could be just your convertor when it gets hot.

ok yea, i think its good. still hasent done it again even when its cold.
thanks guys

its just from sitting most cars if you let them sit for long ish periods of time with out being started will smoke for a bit then it will stop