"Without hesitation, I choose the city" by William Graebner

Most of you guys completely missed the point of this, and I mainly posted it to see the funny (and ignorant) replies… lol.

Shiiiit no. Tommy lives in the Fruit Belt to show that he truly cares about the City so much.

Their main IT stuff is out here, in a very non-descript building in Amherst. Driving by you’d never know, but one of my friends works there.

I’m aware… :wink:

However, my point was that we have recently invested more in Downtown then the “evil burbs”. $ for $ with regards to properties.

LOL.

Tom, the only replies i see as ignorant is the use of the word crackhead and gang problems. There aren’s so many gang problems as there is crime in general. You just don’t agree with them but calling them ignorant is, well ignorant. I work in the city on delaware and allen. Its a good central location close to alot of good bars and cafes and then theres…well not much more to keep me there. I admit I have been really excited to go to the new era hat store but other than that what is keeping me downtown to shop? must be those fine gentlemen who took my friend’s wallet the other day. They were really nice guys, they didn’t even try to stab us with their knife. I should write them a nice letter or better yet write a column in the Buffalo news about how they contribute to the shining image of the city.

Yeah, with the shop that sold license plate purses closing last year, I think that your SOL on the retail front, Rob.

Well theres aleays the african fertility statues that I can buy at the main palce mall.

Oh I forgot about those. From what I understand they are in high demand. Especially at a high traffic shopping arena such as The Main Place Mall. It’s almost as bustling as The Rainbow Mall was.

was!!! You mean its not there anymore??? Say it ain’t so joe, err Cory

TOAST: http://deadmalls.com/malls/rainbow_centre_factory_outlet_mall.html

It was so 80s. I remember.

Really? The recent murder rate increase isn’t related to gang activity? I think the police and FBI would disagree.&p_field_advanced-0=&p_text_advanced-0=()

You can sign up and buy the whole article out of the archive if you want, but the first paragraph that is free should be enough. I read the whole thing when it was in the paper.

Personal Preference >*

/bikerfry

fixed

You suck at links but I’ll take your word for it. I just think they use the word gang to describe a group of black guys. You could say we were pick pocketed by a gang the other night but they showed no friendship to each other cause they were quick to rat rach other out. o me a gang is an organized group taking orders from a higher up. These are clearly hood thugs that wanna shoot to solve their problems.

No, there’s lots of crime to go around in Buffalo. There are your common street hoods like what robbed you, and there is a much more organized criminal element running the drug trade.

Sorry about the link, blame the Buffalo News. Here’s a quote from the start of the article.

A recent spike in killings on Buffalo’s streets has been fueled by a deadly mix of drug warfare and a frightening resurgence of the notorious Bloods street gang, homicide investigators said Sunday.

Hard to argue that the bloods aren’t a serious gang.

call me up and tell me that. WOW!,Tom, WOW!

fisher price is in east aurora

i used to be all about the suburbs, until I moved into n buffalo and started to see some shops, etc… in the actual city…the city of buffalo > amherst/clarence/etc… x 10000

And for those who say there’s no nice areas of the city…Lincoln Parkway > anything amherst has to offer

:word:

The city has a lot of really nice areas that the suburbs will never beat. I also grew up in the suburbs and have moved into the city after college. My house is gorgeous, and I have never had any problems with crime in the two years that I’ve lived here.

It’s useless trying to sway some peoples incorrect opinions that the entire city is nothing but a crime fest. I’ll let them stay out in the suburbs.

That is definitely a matter of opinion. My girlfriend recently won a scholarship and the awards ceremony was at the buff state “presidents house” holy hell what an amazing house i don’t recall the street but it was close to elmwood and im sure someone knows. Having said that i would still prefer some land to go with my house. Staring at pavement is only so entertaining. having a million dollar house with no lawn just doesn’t seem that nice to me but again that is my opinion and i respect it.