WNY Autox ECCN 5/20

I think I might show…With Hoosier Road race compound on my wifes saturn :slight_smile:

I think you should stay home and finish building your car :wink:

Haven’t seen that thread bumped in a while.

I’m still working on it, just slowly. Budget resources have been allocated to racing for this summer.

:tdown: Now they’re calling for showers Sunday. I’ll set my alarm and check the weather Sunday morning, but if it’s 50’s and rain I’m out.

Will the event still go on if it’s raining?

Oh hell yeah.

Sweet. My second event could be my first event in the rain. I might as well find out how my car handles at the limit on wet pavement. :tup:

:tup: for rain

:tdown: for cold

Rain events can actually be fun if it’s warm out. Rain events when it’s 50 are pretty miserable, especially if the wind comes up at all.

Erm… I think I’ve decided to go to the Glen region event at Seneca… sorry ducks

^ Can’t blame you there. Seneca is like the really big brother of ECC-N. I’d love to make a 30 pin slalom there and see if people start losing their minds about pin 20.

OMG… I’m helping course design for one of the FLR events. I love that idea :wink:

I will hate you forever if you make them 20 feet apart.

takes notes 30 pin slalom, all 20 feet apart or less…

I wonder what the spacing was on the cones on the 990 the other day when I had to run to Tonawanda on lunch. It was perfect for a very fast slalom, or so I assume. :snky:

EDIT:
There was no one around, no construction, I’m still not even sure why they were there. Maybe there was construction before the exit where I got on, but I could see where the cones just stopped and there was nothing between where I got on and that point.

The rain is very iffy, and is supposed to end early in the morning, so a wake up and check the window probably won’t work.

As for seneca A) don’t expect a wonderful course at the glen event, might be good, might not. B) If you are helping design the FLR course NOTHING TIGHT that kills what should be a fast course. Keep in mind people will be coming from far and wide to practice at the site for the pro solo. C) NOTHING TIGHT that kills what should be a fast course :slight_smile: .

I’ll be there X4.

The best autocross I’ve ever been to was the Seneca one that got all the complaints.

“The turn onto to apron was more like a road course turn, way too fast for autocross”.

“The last slalom was way too fast”.

Then I came back to my 2nd autocross there and it was the exact opposite. It was like that really annoyingly tight course we ran at UB, but 10x longer. By the end of my run I was honestly bored.

I guess I don’t believe in “way too fast”. :slight_smile:

Fast at seneca is fun. Road course turns at seneca is fun. 45 foot slaloms at seneca is a waste of the site. Anything less then 60 foot slaloms is a waste of the site. The first event we ran there had 100ft slaloms… that is fun.

Cassie - don’t you remember what the Glen did at last year’s seneca series? That is the reason why I will never run another Glen event…ever.

Just watch out for the white dear!