WNY Quality Markets to close

They give their cashiers all those benefits, they probably get free legal fees :tif:

same for randolph. people will just have to go to walmart in Springville or Jamestown…

A few weeks ago we were in Quality Markets. We put our stuff back and decided to go to Wegmans because they didn’t have what we wanted. OH sugar.

but they do have glow crosses as you are exiting!

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/898983.html?imw=Y
Tops now wants to buy all the stores :tup:

Yeah, they have good hours too for beer runs. Always used to grab a pack of something there.

Rumor has it a Tops will be taking the Main St locations place in time.

Underage talk, here it is. I actually was a cartboy/cashier at weggys when I was in hs. Good times

pink tag= 15
yellow tag= 16 or 17
grey tag= 18+

it was a way to make sure no one worked with things they shouldn’t have (slicer,crusher ect) but for everyone that was 18 plus and worked there…

oooh, easy to know if they’re jb or not.
good deal.

just remember that next time you walk into wegmans and are like “daaayyymmmmnnnnnnnnn” then look at the color of her nametag haha

Maybe they will call them Martins, then change it back a year later.

Tops is a terribly run company. At least those people in the boonies will have a grocery store to shop at.

lol chances are I probably will now :stuck_out_tongue:

Tops puts a lot of things on sale that aren’t actually a better deal. For example, Tops will display something as 4 for 5 dollars when you look at wegmans you could buy the same amount for 4 dollars. Cereal. Tops normally uses the smaller boxes as compared to the larger ones available elsewhere. If you compare prices from tops to say budweys. You get a much better deal at budweys hell or even Target. Tops uses the same manipulative practices as walmart to make it appear to be a deal when in fact it is not.

Time spent in most of the grocery stores just leads me to go to Wegmans. They set their prices and most times you don’t need a sale because it’s still cheaper than items on sale at other stores. Put the word sale in front of something and most people think they are getting a deal.

There seems to be thought put into wegmans stores and how they present and market things unlike tops where it just seems like a cluster fuck of products and shitty produce. That’s my take on it.

FYI, budweys has the best meats at the best prices. Most of it is sourced locally. Their old world sausage factory is pretty good too.

:tup: Wegmans is unmatched in many ways.