WNY Real Estate

I live in Clarence and travel Main Street often, and I couldn’t even tell you where that building is. So I agree with LUC1F3R, probably not a great place for visibility if that’s what you’re looking for.

1 Like

1 Like

Still getting unsolicited cash offer letters in the mail so someone’s still out there looking for the flip.

I just got a third unsolicited text from I believe either 716-217-2914 or 716-295-5890 (These are the last two numbers on my blocked list) harassing me about selling my house. The last message I said sure, I’ll sell for 350k (my house is worth 200ish), then I got another text saying “LOL is there gold buried under the house?” then I responded no you have to fish the bars out of my ass, then I blocked them but I should have kept the messages going

4 Likes

Interesting, did they specifically site your address and your name? I received one too from 716-237-3699 and I told them they have the wrong number. They apologized but then asked if I had any properties I considered selling. I didn’t keep it going.

seems strange you’re getting texts to your personal cell phones??

Working on the new tiny homes in Ellicottville. They invested 2.9 mil in these. I can’t imagine what the rental reates are going to be.

I had to fart today. Had to go outside so as not to risk blowing out the windows. Some of these are THAT SMALL.

You could heat these places with a candle and cool them with an ice cube.

3 Likes

Yes to both

Uhhhh… how wide is that fridge cabinet? Could be the picture but it doesn’t look like the standard 36" which would suck finding a nice french door fridge.

Other than that I wouldn’t have a problem with a tiny ski home. My guess is every one of these will go as 2nd homes to skiers, probably 80% to Canadians. As someone who’s seriously considering a ski place (once we see how the kid’s college scholarships work out… fingers crossed lol) I would be looking at something like this, not a huge house. Of course I wouldn’t be looking at Ellicottville with it’s tiny 750’ vertical drop that I can drive to in under an hour.

Fridges and stoves are 24" for space saving units. These are being marketed as rentals. Word on the street is an average cost of $1100 per night with a 3 night minimum. I’m told they’re already booked out for the year.

Wow…$3300 to stay in Ellicottville for 3 nights!!! How many do they sleep?

EDIT: You sure that’s not $1100 for 3 nights? I can book this giant chalet in Ellicottville, CHRISTMAS WEEK for $1100 a night and it sleeps 8.

My buddy paid 1100 this past fall fest for 2 nights. The room looked like some run down motel.

E-ville isn’t even that nice.

Just verified. $1100 per night, 3 night minimum. They’re booked from January to April. The smallest units are 18 x 18 and have a downstairs bedroom and a small loft bedroom. The largest units could maybe sleep 4-5 as they are one bed units also.

1 Like

Unreal

This is one of the “larger” units. The camera is set to wide angle. Still just one bedroom, bath / laundry, kitchen, and living room.

This is one of the “midsize” units.

I like EVL but as someone who spends a lot of time in ADK, it does seem like they’re faking it.

That’s what I think as well. It’s ski country for middle class and people who are too cheap to actually vacation outside of WNY.

The area itself is nice, the views and what not, but it doesn’t justify the outrageous costs for rentals.

am i wrong here or was Ellicottville just a small couple commercial blocks with no decent restaurants or decent coffee or compelling skiing and a bunch of overpriced real estate for soon (and hopefully) out of our hair liberal boomers?

the only cool thing that happened there all summer was when the police got called in to check on the loud daytime fireworks(?) just outside the town :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished up my 9 day stint down there. Glad to be done. Ate lunch / dinner at most of the popular places in town. Had an AMAZING steak dinner at the Eville Brewing Company and then spent near $200 for two people at the Silver Fox Steakhouse last night. $ 17 for a mixed drink is hard to swallow. I think the Brewing Co. steak was better.

These places should be done in another 3-4 weeks ish. I’ve had my fill of “tiny spaces” for awhile.

3 Likes