WNY Real Estate

i have very close friends with that kind of property and the amount of time and frustration they have just from trying to manage the grass is more than I am prepared to invest.

even that dated property in Boston, NY with the pond… if i cant have someone come mow/tend to the grounds for $X a month no thanks…

maybe when im retired

I grew up in the country with a couple acres and it doesn’t take much longer to mow with a big ride on mower than it does for me to mow my small Williamsville lot with my 22" walk behind. My uncle takes care of his property and my grandmother’s next door and he’s got a 120" zero turn and not only can it clear a huge lot in no time but with the zero turn you get the close trim without needing to go back out with a walk/push mower.

i basically have to beat my children to tears before they will push the mower…

Yea i agree with the parking/carriage house situation. That’s the only way id live in the city. Right now I have three acres in clarence and only an acre is mowed, the rest is woods. Takes maybe 45 minutes on the tractor.

Just remember. Only 13 states boarder Canada.

1 Like

I was expecting to open the article and the headline be followed by “for property taxes”

A lot of those towns/cities are right outside new york.

best place to raise a family?

you mean buy a 1200 sq ft home for 1,000,000$ and be in debt forever? lol

It is incredible to see the prices of houses right now and the little amount that is currently available, as well as the ridiculous prices they are at compared to just 2 years ago.

Neighbor put his house up for sale. They bought it at $165k just 2 years ago in Kenmore. It is up for $220k right now and will likely go over asking.

Yep, I’m still waiting to see what the house 2 doors down from me went for. They listed it at $289 which I knew was WAY under what it would go for, but then did a ton of showings and kept the bidding open for a week with no bids being looked until Saturday night. I’m guessing 330-340.

1 Like

House 2 doors down was bought for 208k, sold for 335k. That was 9 months ago. Probably go for more now.

1 Like

looks like i may have missed the boat down there a bit.

seems people are rushing to lock in before rates really take off.

I hope to be a cash buyer down there by mid-summer. my tenants are out at the end of this month.

1 Like

Going to be super hard to get anything worth while right now unless you want a lot of updates and you are open to living far away from any city life. lol
I recently did a check to see about a 3bedroom, 1/2 acre, 2 car garage in Erie county for under $300k and it’s a JOKE! The market is really lacking any available houses right now which is driving it up super high.

i’ve noticed the limited supply.

i suspect i’ll be looking for investment property(s) first. need to create an income stream over there.

1 Like

Just a question for guys that are in the market…

On my old route in Williamsville/Ransom Oaks, there is a house that burned to the ground 5 years ago. They completely demolished and removed everything. All that is left is the concrete foundation and the driveway, with a steel fence around the perimeter. A friend of mine was looking at a house in that area and I told him to ask his realtor about it. His realtor had no clue. It is literally one of the best parcels of land in the neighborhood as it’s on a small cul-de-sac, with lots of woods behind it. I think that would be a PRIME place to build a house as, the sewer lines are already there, it has gas, and all of the foundation work is done. Sure you’d be limited in what you could build on the particular footprint, but the house that was there was pretty nice.

This is what it used to look like

Somebody is paying taxes on the land, so maybe they’d like to sell?

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2025-W-River-Rd_Grand-Island_NY_14072_M45824-87890

what do youguys think about being 12 miles upstream from going over the falls?

would you jump in for a swim regularly or is this a ‘look at the water’ only kind of thing?

I beleive htis was just relisted down from $899k

1 Like

I’d never pay waterfront prices for a house with a major road and a public bike path separating me from the water.

Plus there are no docks. I’m assuming you’re not even allowed to put one in since I doubt you actually own the waterfront with that setup.

Swimming wise you’d be fine since it’s very shallow there. I’ve snorkeled most of that shoreline.

You’re not going over the falls from there, lol.

But that house is :ok_hand:

About a mile south from that house is the best waterfront in WNY. Perfect little bay, deep enough for a dock, no road between you and the water, no industrial crap in your view across the river. Enough current to keep it crystal clear but not so strong you can’t swim from your dock.

Man, I look at that and just HATE the assholes who thought, “Hey, instead of having this road continue inland far enough that we can put a bunch of houses on the waterfront, lets put a curve in and have the road be our waterfront.”

Here ya go man.

Taking offers between 2 and 3 million. Enough greenhouses and land to be completely self sustainable during the upcoming apocalypse.

I bet roads are right on the water so the government had less paperwork when they used eminent domain to steal it. :smiley:

Watched this house go up slowly over tha last 6+ months.

What is wrong with people.