WNY Real Estate

that seems like way too much $ for lockport. looks nice inside though.

this one is 600 sq ft bigger, more garage etc and its around the corner

Yep. Other than being brand new, it has little to offer.
Tiny corner lot. It sold right around covid time, so i bet they had to go way over budget on materials.

liking a lot of what is coming on the market right now with the features and pricing:

Nice.
Beware of neighbors with livestock. I’m two doors down from a farm with ~10-15 cows and I can tell.

Also, if public school is the plan, Lockport is not great. Starpoint does well on lots of tests, but is somehow limited in extracurricular offerings.

Problem with Niagara County is the lack of private school options that are within reasonable distance.

Starpoint is a great district, but it’s new and expanding further…it’s essentially the new Clarence. Lockport isn’t good. Lew-Port is okay but very rural and it shows, then you have every other small township district that is effectively 20-30 years behind the mark as far as education goes.

hey im just glad that whats coming on the market seems better in the lats 3 weeks than all of YTD.

we’re redoing our other place up here to relist in the coming weeks.

Wait until those interest rates keep going up. The housing crash is coming.

We should all sell now, live in a hotel for about 6 months and hop back in lol.

I have a friend who sold her house during the boom (not just to make a profit, other life reasons) and has now decided she wants a house again, but she’s living in a condo basically waiting for the crash because you’d have to be crazy to buy right now.

1 Like

my guy, how you gonna spend $2k a month in property tax?

mind you, this house would be $4m+ up here but still. the taxes are insane on some of this stuff.

Easy. Rent that basement, it got a full kitchen already.

This is the biggest problem with buying a lot of house anywhere in NY. And unlike your mortgage which will get paid off and go away by the time you want to retire those taxes are going to keep increasing and NEVER go away.

Well…taxation IS theft…soooo

1 Like

srsly…

it devalues the properties by sooooo much. some of these places are being sold for like 50% of what it would cost to build them simply because the property taxes are at least 1 full monthly mortgage payment on top of what they should be…

i imagine there are many large properties in NYS that are sitting for years simply because the taxes are rediculous.

i saw a 14,000 sq ft home in Hamburg last year that was $45k in taxes annually… i bet it never even sold. It was only $1.4m… would be $8m up here.

Lucky for me I live in Sloan, where I pay 7200 a year on a 1100 sq ft 200k home.

Anywhere else I move will be cheaper!

my neighbor just bought their house for 210k, taxes just under 9 grand

There are places where its cheap. Where I’m at in Clarence i pay only 6600 and the house is appraised for 620k. Only downside is no sewer or local pd. Get out to Wyoming or Genesee and taxes are half that.

You’re forgetting the City of Buffalo for low taxes. Although you’ll need to send your kids to private school, negating the benefit, lol.

1 Like

yeah the schools thing is very different.

btw, my son was pulled out of class yesterday and was asked if he was having gender confuson issues… he was making fart noises with his arm. that is was precipitated the exchange in the hallway with his home room teacher.

how much in taxes is it worth to prevent that kind of shit happening to your kids?

fortunately he has a proper father in the home. we had a laugh over it.

2 Likes

I think they’ve caught on. I know at the very least they’re now doing full value assessments based on the sale price.

wtf… this is far out but how is this home this cheap?

https://www.huntrealestate.com/ListingDetails/12056-Million-Dollar-Highway-Ridgeway-NY-14103/R1412901

you couldnt get a vacant lot and put a pool in for this price up here:

1 Like