WNY Real Estate

Probably because of the flag lot driveway that runs adjacent to the house. People waving hi to you from their cars as you sit in the pool.

@bing - buy this and we can be neighbors, it’s going to go for shit and will need to be torn down anyway. Our whole neighborhood has has been fighting with the property management company and firm that owns it over the conditions of it.

1 Like

no.

4 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

beautiful home

if you want to live in medina

nothing wrong with medina, just away from everyone and everything I know and enjoy, also 45 min commute to work on a good day

It’s that cheap because it’s out past Medina. No one wants to spend about 2 hours a day commuting. That’s 67 miles a day to Amherst and back, 90 round trip to downtown. Approx 20k miles a year, $3333 @ 30mpg @$5/gallon JUST driving to work downtown. Basically it only works if you work from home 3+ days a week. Plus it’s right on 31 which is a major route with non-stop traffic.

Then add up the cost of time. 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, say 46 weeks a year with vacation and holidays. 460 hours a year commuting. 19.1 full days a year you lose. Almost 4 weeks of vacation time since those are in 5 day increments. Time that you’re spending to get to and from work, but not being paid by your work. I don’t know about you but I’m at a point in my life where free time is ridiculously valuable to me.

Meanwhile my commute to work is <5 minutes. My wife’s about 12-15.

My drive downtown is 40 minutes 1 way, but I only work in the office 1 or 2 days a week, so this theory works perfect for me. I do enjoy having the ability to go downtown for work, visit local places for lunch and see the city, but then come back to my slice of the woods away from everyone.

If I had to drive downtown everyday, I would hate it, especially driving my 6.2L pickup truck everyday.

1 Like

i work from home full-time and will never ever work in an office again.

it really bothers me the few times a month i have to set an alarm in the morning or the drive into Toronto here and there… commuting is almost as bad as feminism :slight_smile:

Then I’d be looking at lake houses say in Rushford or Silver Lake, or one of the Finger Lakes. Forget living in the 1st ring burbs or middle of nowhere Medina. Go live on the water, with a boat lift and a dock.

Something like this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8330-County-Road-49-Caneadea-NY-14717/29632834_zpid/?

1 Like

Hear that sound? That’s the sound of the housing bubble popping. Gonna be a wild ride over the next 6 months to a year as a bunch of people with 300-700k mortgages are suddenly sitting in houses worth 200-400k.

1 Like

I wonder if people still do variable rate mortgages…if so theyre also in for some hurt.

God I’m so happy I got my house under market value in 2015.

1 Like

Im so happy i got $582 from the state to help pay my property taxes :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I saw a graphic somewhere outlining the recessions and relative housing value crashes, but seemed to show that 2008 was more atypical than the rest. Of course this was coming from a realtor. That being said, I think my house has appreciated about 30% in 2 years so we’ll see what happens.

Maybe NY could just collect less taxes?
Do they really rhink that these checks offset tax increases every year?

Bruh…

Wow… that’s like a $1M + house where I am. It sold in the 200s 2 years ago. Nutty, I love that one.

I live a couple miles down the road on hunters creek. My house is 2500+sqft w/6.7 acres and taxes are roughly 6800. Not much around but its a nice area, 30mins from downtown.

1 Like

Thats my buddy’s sons house.

Or should I say “was”.

You could park an airplane in that garage.

let me know when it ends up going for please.

it’s an interesting property. incredible value if it goes around asking price imho.

1 Like