WNY SCCA Solo (Autox) Event #2 - 5/19/13

Ok, let’s hope for some nice weather for the weekend!

When: 5/19/2013
Where: Ralph Wilson Stadium
Schedule:

• 8:30-9:30 Registration & Tech Inspection
  • 9:30 Novice Walkthrough
  • 10:00 Driver’s Meeting
  • 10:30ish First car off
  • 3:00ish Start of last run groups
  • 4:00ish Cleanup, followed by awards

Event Registration: http://www.wny-scca.com/soloreg2/login.php

Just a reminder for the changes for this season:

Fees - we had to up the fees $5 to cover operating expenses. We lost some money last season, and we had to buy a bunch of new equipment this season, so it was a necessary evil. Members = $35, Non-Members = $45.

Timing System - we just purchased a new wireless timing system with a software update. What this means is we’ll be able to do some more interesting things with course design since we won’t be limited by the placement of the timing truck.

Live Scoring - I’ve set it up so that you’ll be able to see live results via the website during events. There will be a mobile friendly format available, as well as full results, updated every few minutes.

Pre-payment/Credit Cards at event - A continuation from last season, you are able to pre-pay for events via PayPal in the registration system, or you can pay by Credit Card on site at the event.

Classing - we are continuing with last year’s classing system. If you are unsure how it works, please ask and I’ll explain it all.

So, if there are any questions, please ask away!

Ill be there.

Hopefully no one smacks the new timing light again…

Yeah, seriously.

I plan to attend :slight_smile:

Looks to always be a fun event. I will bring my car to one of these hopefully next summer.

Not going to Letchworth?

Why wait?

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?238631

Date conflict :frowning:

I meant why wait until next season when we will have another 4 events this season at the Ralph.

do they still have events at NCCC or ECC?

No, haven’t run at NCCC in a few years and ECC North isn’t an option anymore with all the build up along Tech Drive.

The Ralph is a better site than both of them. More square so we can have turns rather than just slaloms and the surface is nice and new there.

My car is not track ready in it’s current condition. I have a worn wheel bearing and engine misalignment issue. If I can find the time by the end of the summer to get it ready I would love to baseline it before my next round of upgrades.

good to know!

I will be there…too much fun to miss out on

Any plan views of the course? Is it always different? If so, any map of event #1?
Just like to get an idea of whats to come

Your ass is still comimg by for a ride along. Ill let you know when the june event is.

Anyone want to autox almost for free? I will pay your event fee and $10 in gas if you share your car with me. I think my car has a head gasket issue

Edit, Im putting my sedan on the road tomorrow, I cant tell if the engine is ok, but I reg’d for Sunday

Would take you up on that offer, but dont think my car is complete enough for alt drivers.

Hmmmmmmm…NO.

Yeah, I didnt think enough before posting that. I risk being responsible if someones car breaks, and the whole male ego issue if I end posting faster times in someone else’s car

heres my best run! It was a blast, I really wanted to do the letchworth park thing but I wanted to race my car. This is my first time doing autox, last run of the day.