Wobbley ride...

Yet another one of my many problems i’m trying to diagnose. This one is when the car is running/rolling. It feels like it’s wobbling, like one of the wheels is messed up, feels like the driver rear but i could be wrong. I just
got new wheels/tires…mounted and balanced so it couldn’t be that, could it? I’ve heard alot of stuff about maybe it’s my shocks/springs, who knows how old they are. Heard it might be bushings as well control arms…the works. So, i was just wondering if any 240’s/owners have had this problem and know what it is exactly. Thank you. Also, my steering wheel vibrates soemtimes, and is especially erratic on the highway. It might have something to do with my HICAS but i know there’s more to it than that. Thanks again.

Get an alignment. Check the stuff you mentioned, suspension and contol arms. When its on the hoist, just spin the wheels to see if there is any inteference.

Do the stuff you can do yourself like you said, and if you have access to a wheel balancer do that before you go for an alignment.

Not too long ago my steering wheel was vibrating at low RPM, once I took my tires off and balanced them it turned out 2 of them were off by 1.25 ounces. Once I corrected that everything was fine again and I saved myself the money from getting an alignment.

Might as well try the small stuff first, but its up to you.

Hope that helps!

hey i’m havin the same problem with my car goin insane on the hwy when changin lanes and goin through bumps. it does feel like the rear left tire. i took my car to midas and had the guy briefly look at it. he said that the bushings between the struts and the subframe were worn out and i would need new struts or new bushings (almost impossible to find, according to him)

…so i was seriously considerin just upgradin my springs and struts (all four)… if a mere alignment and wheel balancing can fix this then i’d do that but it’d be a waste if i still have the problem and have to get new stuff and redo the alignment and balancing… right?

did you just recently get new rotors?

before buyin the tc rods and changin bushings 'n stuff, is there an honest mechanic that i can visit who’d tell me what’s wrong? maybe even someone from this forum, i trust you guys more than a lot of the mechanics out there :slight_smile:

cdn tire wants to charge me $30 for a visual inspection without puttin it on the hoist!!! wtf, i can do the visual shit myself