world of wheels 08

what all is involed in entering a car at the w.o.w show?not to be a dick but i seen alot of cars that had scratches bad body work and uncompleted interiors. i didnt think that some of the cars were show quality and my 04 impala is nicer than some of the other cars and its a daily driver. i would like to get my camaro done this summer and enter it next year.

people in hell would like ice water too, do you think thats going happen either?

whats the chance? well ill tell you. as sure as you eat 6 meals a day and have a slice of pizza in each hand at this very moment. ftw:asshole

:bsflag: My doctor says I gotta eat six times a day, or I’ll gain weight.

honestly, the show is a waste of time. I am really unhappy about this year. I was treated like crap, the parking/traffic at the CC is shitty, the weather sucks to bad to be driving these cars. The overall quality of the show is just really down. I am not one to bash people that try to do a good thing. But really, the show is on the downward spiral and I just don’t see me putting a car in until someone else takes over the show. Before the award show Bob the show organizer basically asked people why cars don’t show. I guess they just don’t get it!

Big waste of time. Dropped some cars off on thursday. Everyone who works for cc are big assholes. What are u doing with your trailer up here ?? Better move it now. I dont care if ur unloading a car. Big hassle for no pleasure. Not alot of people even showed up. whitey is right its just going down hill. If you go to the detroit one. Guys are kool as hell and the show isnt bad either. Pittsburgh one sucks big time

When is the Detroit one?

went today and was very displeased at the show…wont be going again

yea I went last year and was so pissed off told my gf I was never goin again

i didn’t go this year but from the past years of going its been slowly going down the tubes

it sucked… I meen honestly there were only a handful of nice cool cars…
1.)the whiteman
2.)older domestics… the older vette with the lt1… the W I forget what it was called that silver car with the 350 in it god that thing was amazing…
3.)skyling

thats about it… the old gbody looking car with the 30" rims just ruined everything… first thing you see when you walked in wow…

1st all all I agree, ive been locked into involvement with that show for 4 years, and the family that runs it doesnt understand that they are not doing anybody a FAVOR, and that the car builders, and owners are infact doing them a favor, i mean you guys are paying almost a hundred bucks to get in the show, for what? a plaque? comon, serious;y, they are very unorganized, and the celebrities are hardly that at all. Mel Blunt? gees, they need to get some real people in there,
They cant book any good names cause its a piss poor attempt at a car show,

Chruch Cruise > W.O.W imo

Dan, you have no idea the work that went into that Phantom, you guys that build these big HP cars, should appriciate the work thats involved with making somthing what YOU want it to be, that car had 20,ooo wheels!, think about the brake kit, or that big ass blown motor, or the interior that was wicked, how bout the body work to make the wheel wells fit Dem 30’s…

you cant just look at somthing and say its stupid, without taking a moment to look over the entire thing.
otherwise your missing out on the important portion of it.

btw, i didnt really like that car, but i can appricate the work and mods, and fabrication to make it what it was.

I can understand the work, but the big wheel thing sucks. I mean you can’t even buy a hot-wheels without it have big wheels. It’s just too over the top for my tastes, and the tastes of most people i know.

different strokes for different folks

I guess…:beer:

Well the show sucked last year, and the year before that. What exactly were you people expecting for this year?

not sure when detroit show is, but that 30inch wheel car didnt even drive in Has no driveshaft they pushed that bitch in

Just another work-in-progress. There was a lot of those there…

well said.I think though IMO its going to be hard to get the diehard gearheads to accept or like something like that cutlass or anything related to it(big rims etc). I love all types of cars and look forward to seeing things progressing. I guess i just love cars to much and it really doesnt matter to me as long as i’m around them.:slight_smile:

i like some of the cars with bigger wheels but not that cutluss 442 but the hummer was ok.i like usually a car that has up to 18’s on it but not bigger and not all cars need an 18. imo hummers and suv’s and some trucks look good with bigger wheels buy definatly not a 30. imo