Worst story of Buffalo Red Tape I've ever seen

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42458

Cliffs:
House hit by lightning during the big storm, burned down.
3 days later Buffalo demolishes the house, and doesn’t even notify the family first.
Family hit with a $40000 demolition bill because the city didn’t know if there was asbestos in the house or not (would have been $8000 if they knew there wasn’t).
The house was only worth about $60000 to start with.

WOW, now THATS fucked up.

i cant wait to get outta here. i say the entire comunity of NYSpeed moves somewhere else so the only thing that changes is the place we are. lol

Home owners Insurance?

X…

Yeah, but if you have a house valued at 60k, plus what ever for the posessions, will homeowners pick up the rediculous 40k for demolition, when it should have cost 8k?

A similar thing happened to the historic Leland House here in Springville.
I believe the owner sued the town/village/whatever.

i heard that was deemed arson

Ahhh, I never heard the end of that saga.
I think he sued because they did an “emergency” demo without his consent though.

id fight it and sue the city for a ton of money

Find the SOB govt. worker that approved it and hang him right in front of the city hall. Make a statement for the next guy to make that type of decision.

X…

FLSpeed anyone?

Florida>Ny

They pulled the same shit on one of the properties my Dad used to own down on the east side. It was a rental property which had been vacant for I believe 4 weeks and he would only go there once a week just to mow the lawn, well someone started a fire on the porch. Resulting in half of the porch being burned down, the city came and demolished the whole house without his consent. Which then left him with a mortage(a very small one which regardeless is still bullshit) he had to pay for a house which he could no longer rent out.