wow...i suck at cars

first person to find me a diagram of an eg civic sedan headlight/turn signal assembly gets a cookie.

i downloaded the full 1200 +/- page manual, and didn’t see anything in the table of contents for electrical or body that mentioned the assembly at all…so it’s not like i didn’t at least make SOME effort before posting here. just looking at it in the car there’s no way to just pull the bulb out the back of the headlight/corner assembly…and i can’t find any screws/bolts that i can remove to pull the whole assembly out.

i would like to replace my turn signal so i can get inspected tomorrow…so a speedy response would be great kthnx

6 viewers and still nobody’s earned a cookie…

There is a screw on the radiator support. Remove that and the corner lense should come out.

i only found one screw holding the corner in, and it screws like you said into the car just above the regular headlight assembly…removed said screw, corner still doesn’t budge. feels like there’s other places it’s being held in. you sure it’s just that one top screw that holds the entire corner lens in?

Once you remove the screw it should pull out. It may be corroded in even though it’s plastic. Sometimes they can be a little tought just use your hand and tap on the assembly.

I can haz kookie?

yea just one screw, arnt htere like 2 little pins that hold it in place too? give it a good wiggle

You are failing

It should slide out its on a track some what.

where the fuck is my cookie?

he’s still workin’ on it, give him some time …

did you get it out yet?

^^i think the more appropriate question is did carnut get his cookie?

F the kookie

carnut can has cookie because now i can has signal meaning i can has inspection. :slight_smile: i had found and taken out that screw before ever posting but the Fucker wouldn’t budge and i didn’t wanna risk breaking some crap plastic piece and having my corner lens hanging out the whole time.

yay cookies!

http://www.sweetblogomine.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/18/cookiemonster.jpg