wow

that is awful

Thats really horrile. I cant even imagine being involved/responsible for that.

"Amateur video of the crash, broadcast on WMC-TV in Memphis, showed the car’s engine revving loudly before the vehicle sped down a highway lined with spectators on both sides. After a few hundred feet, the smoking car skidded off the road. "

I guess Im having a hard time understanding why they thought it was a good idea to send a 2000+hp drag car down a highway lined with people and no barriers.

That really sucks. Wonder what caused the driver to lose control? Uneven road? Those things generally track fairly straight during burnouts.

I just caught this on another site …vid link …http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=6669328

[quote=“Violator,post:2,topic:31036"”]

I guess Im having a hard time understanding why they thought it was a good idea to send a 2000+hp drag car down a highway lined with people and no barriers.

[/quote]

Yeah, that was REALLY dumb. It shouldnt take a tragedy like this to make them realize that…

Lets add a little laugh to this thread:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1410922587302463309

I hope those who were injured in the original accident will be ok.

[quote=“Violator,post:2,topic:31036"”]

[/quote]

Where did they say they “sent the car down the highway”?

during an “exhibition burnout” at a Cars for Kids charity event Saturday in Selmer, Tenn.

Amateur video of the crash, broadcast on WMC-TV in Memphis, showed the car’s engine revving loudly before the vehicle sped down a highway lined with spectators on both sides. After a few hundred feet, the smoking car skidded off the road.

Still doesn’t say anything about anyone “sending them” or the intention to “send them”. It is amazing how many people have absolutely no reading comprehension.

doing a burnout for a couple of hundred feet, is just as dangerous as sending them.

1. the wheels are spinning already, easy to loose it
  2. ITS A 2000+ HP CAR, BE FUCKING CAREFUL

Its amazing how people just can’t realize the risks of things

meh

Im sure they all signed waivers to get in…

great idea, lets do a 60mph burn out, on a city street, among spectators, using a car that is menty for a perfectly smooth AND PREPED track

and lets do it without a gaurdrail … without a “safety zone” … and while were at it we’ll just let people cross the street while the dragster is doing its pass

:bloated:

sorry to hear that the dragster hit innocents, and not the people who planed this / thought it was a good idea

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:7,topic:31036"”]

[/quote]

it wasnt a burnout done while the car was stationary, they did a rolling burnout that was a good couple hundred feet long

traveling forward on a highway at highway speed = sent down the highway

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:7,topic:31036"”]

[/quote]

it wasnt a burnout done while the car was stationary, they did a rolling burnout that was a good couple hundred feet long

traveling forward on a highway at highway speed = sent down the highway