Wrenches

Has anyone ever bought wrenches from JC Whitney? I’d like to get some stubbies, offsets, obstruction - the odd ones, but I just can’t pay the Craftsman prices for something I may only use once or twice. Not sure about Home Depot/Lowes for prices either. Any other suggestions?

Are you sure you will only use them once or twice?

I think Mike says that about EVERY tool he buys, and then there comes a point in time where he finds something else to use it for and he says “I’m glad I bought that!”.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

those jc whitney stubbys arent bad because you dont put torque on them but i would not trust the other wrenches unless you want bloody knuckles, good tools are very high priced and you alwats get what you pay for

Originally posted by 7.5L indalead
those jc whitney stubbys arent bad because you dont put torque on them but i would not trust the other wrenches unless you want bloody knuckles, good tools are very high priced and you alwats get what you pay for

i always didnt believe that until i started using mac tools and matco tools at firestone the wrachets move so smoothly also. love them but for what i do craftmans are the shiznizzle.

yah what he said, and thanks for hookin up the avitar dawg

i can check the prices at lowes for you when i work tuesday, send me a pm of what you need, i may even be able to get 10 percent off for ya

craftsman is worth the extra cash…

i just got my 3/8" ratchet replaced for free :smiley:

tim will correct me if im wrong, but Mac makes stanley’s tools.

i went tool shopping today to get a 200+ piece set for the garage so i dont have to drag my shit home from work, craftsman has the best deal— 254 piece set for under 200 bucks… the stanley set, although quality looked even if not better, just did not have as many tools for the money. the 254 cradftsman set was on sale, and comes w/ a 4 drawer box/storage cabinet… however, 3/8 drive allen socket keys for brake calipers, etc— craftsman was liek 30 bucks, whereas stanley was 8.

Granted, quality of tools between craftsman and mac/snapon/cornwell is way off, but it works. basically, buy a quality brand. To me, lysle/cornwell/mac/snapon/craftsman/matco/kd/klein/crescent/vicegrip have all made proven tools that i use in my box at work. Another co worker has miscellaneous stanley tools, and i have to admit that im impressed w/ some of them.

only “cheapo” tool set i would have is one to keep in the car for emergencys etc. like i grabbed a 20 chinese made set for my beater car that has basic hand tools and sockets just incase i get stranded somewhere so i can atleast try to fix the car b4 getting towed. But i wouldn’t depend on a cheapo tool for actually doing work to my car… make sense???

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
i went tool shopping today to get a 200+ piece set for the garage so i dont have to drag my shit home from work, craftsman has the best deal— 254 piece set for under 200 bucks…

That’s the kit Amanda got me for Christmas…

I’m pretty damn happy with it.

My wife was going to pick up some of the stubbies from Sears for my b-day, but they cost a fortune. They have a nice specialty set, but they’re $150. Maybe on the Craftsman sale day. I think I’ll buy the cheapo sets of the specialty tools and buy a good set of Craftsman combo wrenches. I never have what I need when I really need it!

tim gave me a hell of a deal on some stubby wratchet wrenches :cool:

you have to watch out for those 245654654634 piece sets, they like to fill em with 80 smaller than heck allen wrenches you will never use, and if you are using them at home stanley has some super deals at walmart, i own the allen sockets and i beat the heck out of them and they keep on goin. so just shop around:D

those wrenches in that picture with the socket on the end are the biggest wastes of money ever, they never work how you think they will, but those ultra thin wrenches will get you out of more binds than you will believe. And try and buy wrenches that are all shiny, the ones that are half shiny are junk, but fully polished wrenches are way better to use, thaey are stronger and thinner, and look cooler.:smiley: :smiley:

stanley says made in a tiwain

Where are Craftsman tools made?

made in the usa since 1926