wtb 1.8 saturn engine

i have a 97 saturn sc2 1.8 dohc engine is shot had about a quart of oil in cyl 1. worth a shot posting on here if i dont ill send it to the junkyard.

If you can swap a SOHC in there, I have one for CHEAP. If not, the DOHC head is supposed to go on the SOHC bottom end easily, if your head is ok.

M&M is probably your best bet. somedude picked up an engine for around $150 incuding the cost of having it pulled.

it does bolt on, the blocks are the same, BUT, the pistons are different. the SOHC pistons have a dish where the DOHC pistons have a slight depression and 2 valve reliefs. You would have to grind a little to the lip of the dish on the SOHC pistons, and the compression ratio would be less by 0.7-0.9. Or if they are ok, just swap the pistons over, they are full floating pins.

somedude has a whole saturn engine left in pieces, ask him and take what you need

DAMNIT. I just destroyed the block yesterday trying to remove teh steel from the alum for scrap.

I do however have the rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons, cams, ect ) and the head as well as some other crap. all of it was going to scrap. $30 and its yours. the head has 2 broken valves and that is why my engine was replaced and there is one cam cap bolt that the head is stripped on (so it will need a new bolt that is no biggy).

so to install this engine in your car. you need 2 valves (or you can transfer them over from your current engine, new piston rings (mine had 192K on them and it burned a LOT of oil) new valve guide seals and more or less you are good to go.

obviously i’m not going to offer you the block because it is junk. but if i would have seen this 1 day eariler. :frowning:

it didnt need a motor it was hysro locked iam checking compression tomorrow on my lunch but this bitch runs like a champ best dollar i spent

ok so this is a for sale thread then … or am i confused

i no longer need a engine i was wrong.