WTB: Any AWD Vehicle

I am looking for any AWD car. I am going to build an autocross car and am going to use an AWD platform, so if anybody knows anyone selling one for around 1K give or take a little, please let me know. Thanks.

You’re going to use an AWD as an autoX car? Ballsy considering the budget. AWD’s go for a premium in the Northeast so only the older non sought after cars will go for cheap, which are not a good platform.

I know you’re used to AWD but is there any real reason to use that as a platform? FWD civics can be had for dirt cheap and are a fantastic platform and prove to be compeditive day in and day out on the field.

I’ll look around for you.

Some things I got in mind are older Legacy’s, old high miles VR4’s, DSM’s and of course the Galant.

If you could get ahold of a 95 or older Impreza, and build up a ‘decent’ motor- that would make for a sick AWD autocross car. All kinds of options for motors and parts, but the main thing to keep in mind is ‘usable’ power.

You could probably find something to start out for around $1K, but seriously- by the time you put enough other replacement parts and mods into it, to make it competitive in Street Mod (more than likely)- I’d guess, on a budget, you’d be looking at probably $10K.

Personally, I’ve always wanted to get ahold of a nice Impreza RS 2.5 and run it in Street Prepared. Lots of stuff you can do, without breaking the bank.

I got one but it’s more than 1K. :slight_smile:

ha ha and it might not handle to sweet autocrossing

I autocrossed my VR4 and it was great, I don’t know why so many people think it’s a bad platfrom.

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/3cda6666-9a98-4bde-a9ff-99ac00e93ed3.jpgMy 1997 3000GT VR4 at the autocross. My best run of the day. Placed 7th out of 30, 20 were corvettes ;o)

Doh. Missed that. :slight_smile:

It’s got many goods and many bads.

that was a pretty wide open course. where was that?

prospect mountain

probably because it weight almost 4k lbs and is relatively expensive?

3,750 bitches!

dont zo6’s handle better with a good driver

i know of a certain STI for sale :wink:

I have an AWD Mountaineer for sale if you want to auto-x it…lol

My friend, you need to come to a National Solo event.

Yes sir- you get used to autocrossing at the some of the smaller sites, then hit up any of the ‘larger’, more national tour-like events (or just go to one of the national tour events) and check out some of the course layouts- yeah. It gets pretty fast and open.

And I hate using third gear in an autocross. Hate it (the overlap from 2nd to 3rd isn’t much of an overlap)! …but starting to get used to it. ;D

i found a link to a CHEAP awd car for sale on unysoc… heres the link for you… http://www.unysoc.org/board/index.php/topic,3699.0.html $1000 for a 98 impreza L… dooo itttt u wont :nod