wtb: camera

I’d like to start off I don’t know much about camera’s but I know what I want. I want a digital camera (sd cards) and I want changeable lenses and like most people I don’t want to break the bank. I’m more or less looking to buy some ones old but not historic camera. with this all said please fill me in on what are decent starter cameras and what aren’t , thanks.

I don’t really know how much I have to spend yet or even if I can afford one because I have no idea what these things are worth.

thanks. Brandon.

oh if it helps the type of photo’s i will be taking are mostly my family and cars some nature stuff like

Well, you want a camera that will change lenses you are probably looking for a SLR. Best buy has a pretty awesome deal on one right now

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/canon-canon-eos-rebel-t1i-15-1-mp-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-is-lens-kit-t1i-18-55mmis/10120034.aspx?path=e2434ed42eb0fa1daea0813525eaa29fen02

Will do all you want, Plus more.

wow not cheap eh lol this is prolly why used is best im sure some one here has something like what i want or near it in used . thanks

Most used SLR’s are still pretty expensive. Check kijiji. Nikon d40, d50, d60, d70, d80 Are all good starter camera’s. If you want Canon, look for t1i’s. I dont like any other companies. lol

what are somethings to look out for i see alot of people are selling cameras on kijiji but i dont know what to look for if i were to go see a camera for potential purchase. are there things i should check / inspect ?

If they still have factory warranty then thats awesome. Most Nikons have 1 year warranty you can send in whenever and they will fix it, think you just need to pay for shipping, not 100% sure. When I look at camera’s shake them listen for anything loose, rattling, etc. Ask if its been dropped (sure he can lie, but better then nothing), check for scratches on the lens. ummmm turn it on give it a try check all features etc. Oh, battery too, not sure how you can check how long it keeps its charge, but after a few years they get old and need replacing. Thats about it. Nikons and Canons are really good. Check for reviews on the internet before you buy it, they might explain problem areas

ok cool im noticing alot of people on kijiji are selling for almost what they sell for new in the stores and a cmmon camera i see for sale is the d50 is there something wrong with these cameras? not to many options or lenses or am i just missing the big picture ?.. haha… picture get it ?.. camera talk… lol i kill me …ok seriously i really wanna thank you for your time man you have been a pretty big help.

Yah, No problem. I have a friend that works with camera’s and he tells me everything lol. D50’s are pretty good. That was my friends first camera actrually. The only bad thing about them is they are getting old.

Heres a good link that compares them. According to them, there isnt that big of a difference unless your a hardcore photographer.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80/vs-d70.htm

Nice thanks again , looks like im saving some money to buy one. i averaged out the cost of a used one in good shape it will run me about 450-700 and a new one starts a 499.99+

Yah, When buying used make sure it comes with a decent lens. 18-55mm I think is the basic one. Best for starter