WTB: Cheap drift car.

take your friends with you

dont even bother posting on SON again

SON does not support idiots like you guys who endanger the lives of the public

what i don’t understand is why dont you use the 240 (benson’s old car) or G35 or whatever. you don’t go on the track balls out at the beginning anyways. you have to get a feel for the car. when i went to the track this summer a couple times i drifted my daily driven car and didnt damage anything really.

Just take your car and drive within your own limits. find a couple corners on the track that your comfortable with and start drifting them… when you get used to how your car handles then you can start being more daring.

an 800 dollar car wont get you very far at all, id say track the car you have now and have fun with it … thats why you bought it isnt it?

thats just my .02

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/khoolie/drift.gif

you need to learn to read its going to be a track only car that we are all putting our knowledge and resources into. now if you did that instead of paying someone to build a car for you you might be a little more respected . but instead your just a condescending douche with a serious attitude problem

hahaha kyle

I couldn’t give a shit whether you or your stupid friends respect me lol, I’m a driver not a mechanic. And I would love to see you say that to my face so I can spit right in yours. Thats about how much respect I have for you losers.

Like seriously. Go find your $800 car. This is a public forum so you are going to get public input. You can think whatever you want of me. Thats your opinion. I really couldn’t care.

BTW, either way, I am happy to hear you and your buddies are planning to keep your drifting on the track. It really pisses me off when I see bad things happen to good people because of street racers and I would imagine street drifting would be even more dangerous.

haha Briggs don’t let it get to you. The sad thing about this community is one half of them are illiterate, trailer-trash, pimp wannabes, who view 240’s as a cheap way to look cool. They have no lives, nothing better to do then bash threads and make themselves look idiotic, and lastly they probably haven’t touched a female breast without having to pay for it. The other half consists of otherwise intelligent, mechanically-minded, easy-going guys who have the shit straight.

LOL I know. I should be smart and offically leave this thread before this goes any further. I think thats what I will do.

Last post here.

You’re not going to have much of a face left if you do that.

This thread has gotten beyond ridiculous.

I suggest it be locked.

In hopefully conclusion:

Get a car, any price, but remember you get what you pay for.
Community Forums = Different Advice. Flames or not you should expect it and ignore it
If you talk to people like shit on the forums good luck being invited to their events.
Racing/Drifting stays on the track. If you take it on the road I hope you get yourself killed, no any innocent bystanders.

Now I’m gonna ask every one of you to read everything I have posted and tell me where I said I was going to ride it on the streets, and leave it at a 800 dollar car. Motorhead, I didn’t at any point say the car was going to stay as is because it would definitely have work done to it to make it track worthy. This means welding will be done to strengthen the weak parts of the frame in the car we find. There will be parts thrown at it to make it perform, i.e. suspension, motor work, possible roll cage. We’re not paying labor for any of this, so you could only imagine what we are capable of.

Actually, nvm. If you’re not going to read my last posts, I don’t expect you to read anything more than a sentence long.

why dont u drift the sil eighty. stop being a bitch un tuck ur balls and drive your car…

if you cant swim stay the fuk out of the pool.

dude, just give it up

seriouosly. you want people to think you are the mature one? act mature.

this BS is retarded. ok. i dont care anymore.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/briggs_d85/n502358764_1287292_4480.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/briggs_d85/n502358764_1287199_4677.jpg

awsome pic…

I havent read all the bullshit in this thread, but from what I have gathered, the OP wants a cheap car to get sideways so he can improve his skills.

Okay, more power to him for wanting to improve himself before balling out in a car with no skill to drive it. Cheers to you bud.

Ive been to some of these local drift events, and from what I have seen, there is more “car” than there is skill level. (flame suit on) It looks pretty bad if your ballin car keeps spinning, missing apex’s, clipping bumpers, smacking walls.

What is wrong with wanting to a buy a cheapo bucket of bolts to throw around a track? Why not learn on a shit box and then tear it up in the future with something more hardcore? You gotta walk before you can run, am I right?
This does not apply to the guys that walk around with daddy’s mastercard in there pocket.

I think the ppl in this thread that a ragging on the OP need to grow up and stop making retarded posts. This is the sole reason why everyone I talk to has something bad to say about son.

I sold my 88 rx7 last year for under $800, and it was by no means a drift car… but with a few extra bucks you could make some minor additions to get it driftable. It had no rust, and a clean frame.

I think $800 to buy a base to work off is not bad at all (fora beginner), it will be hard to find a decent car in that range but something is always out there.

My 2 cents :slight_smile:

where were you when i was looking for a cheap rx-7 to do a T2 swap?

WOW, you have a real head on your shoulders and I wish every one on the forum could read what you just wrote. You sir, understand how the real world works.

I know where there is a 13b FB for 500 dollah :stuck_out_tongue: