WTB: Dirt cheap Nissan

NECC is looking for a ice racer/track slut, so we need to find the cheapest Nissan possible. We are looking to spend very very little, so please be generous!

An older 2-door sentra, pulsar, Micra, S12, S13… anything really.

PM me if you have something.

RWD preferred.

How can you tell this is going to be the lowest budget race team in history. :E

I know of an old 210 that was pretty much blown up this past week.

I think that it’s ripe for a VG30ET swap. :lol:

Dave called me earlier about it but…

My parts car would need an engine (KA24e), and a driver’s seat, and drivers window to make ice-racer worthy.

The club can have it if those parts can be found…

Can it be made to be street legal? I was thinking about actually buying the car as a winter beater, and then the club can also use it as an ice slut as well. I don’t need to put significant mileage on it, so it’s ok if everyone wants to beat up on it. :smiley:

If you can only find a shell I will donate a VG30E that should run well with a tune up, depending on the car of choice.

I don’t think Jeff’s car can be street legal. It seems to be a US edition with the automatic seatbelt like my first one I had to get rid of!! UNLESS it was already insured and registered in Alberta before, then there won’t be any probs!!

My car was registered in Ontario before, not sure if that means anything. However, the frame is rusted and cracked, it has no chance in hell of ever making it on to a street. Would probably last a few seasons as a track slut though.

Jeff

Hmm…

I think that if it isn’t safe enough for the street, I doubt anyone would want to throw it around sideways around other cars that could pile into it. Thanks anyway though. :smiley:

Matt, tell us more about that Datsun you found…

Steve (Blk240sx) would be the better person to talk to. Him and a bunch of buddies were beating the crap out of it offroad last weekend until they blew the tranny.

Ya but if its goin’ to be a track ONLY car, then it should be stripped right down and check the frame and possibly do some reinforcement on the frame anyway. Thats what I thought of when I heard it would be a track car.

Jay, we’re still not sure if it’ll be a track only car or not. Personally, I was hoping for it to be a daily driver for me because I don’t think anyone here has a car trailer/truck capable of towing it out to the lake. It would be better if it could get there under it’s own power, ya know what I mean? :smiley:

The deal was, I drive it daily (I don’t put a ton of miles on in the winter anyway), and then anyone that wrenches or donates money/parts on the car gets the chance to drive it at any one of a number of winter autox’s or ice racing.

Hey my winter car has a 2000 LB hitch.

It could work it we strip it enough.

Sure you have a 2000lb hitch, but do you have a car dolly to move the car around with?

Matt, just wondering if your Z could be converted into a track slut? Or is it too badly damaged?

I think Dave had a line on a $200 Sentra, it would be nice to have an NECC race team with 2 cars - a FWD and RWD. :smiley:

I’m still not too sure Kris; hopefully I’ll get a good look underneath it this weekend.

I do still have that NA 85z sitting there that could possibly be put back on the road. It was on the road for a while and ran fine if I remember correctly.

If the club wants, my uncle is most likely selling one of his trailers. One he is selling is big enough to fit a car on for sure!! I can find out how much he wants!! might not be that much, he’s kinda just liquidating everything!!

Jay, give me details as soon as you get them.

My Uncle and Grandma might be really interested - hell, if the price is right I’ll buy the damn thing. :smiley:

Matt - Sure, lemme know when you look at the Z. Nothing wrong with NA Z’s, but for a track car they’re probably too slow. Which means they accelerate like a glacier coming from an SE-R guy. :E

Not if you slap a turbo setup on it. Strip the car down to nothing and it will weigh a lot less than your family car. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s in town tomorrow, so I will have more info when i seen him!!

Jay - thanks duder! Lemme know when you find out.

Matt - I heard to swap the N/A to a turbo setup, you need to change the front frame crossmember, ECU, and so on and so forth - sounded like a whole lot of work! If we could get Cali in on the deal somehow, it might be worth it. What would you want for the N/A Z?