WTB/hire: suzuki bike buff

i am looking for somone who knows a good amount about older suzuki motorcycles that can help me get it tuned correctly and make sure all of the safety equipment is there/working properly. i have a 1973 suzuki titan 500 two stroke that has points. any help would be appreciated

Call Fast By Gast … they are on the island …there are a couple of guys i used to race with that work there …

they are chainsaw bike pros …

i go to school for this sutff, whats needs the “tune”? and do you have a service manual?

first off i called fast by gast, the guy i talked to said that they do not do service, they are only a machine shop.

secondly i am working on finding a manual. they are a little hard to find. on a good week there is one on ebay. basically everything needs to be tuned in. the most urgent would be the carbs and the ignition.

i think i am just going to take the bike in for a motorcycle inspection and see what they say needs to be fixed. when i start the bike it has a very rough idle then dies after a minute i think it is a combination of off timing and a fuel problem.

your carbs are most likley not synced, and possebly jetted wrong, its a 2 stroke there really isnt timing, is the motor good? points clean? pistions in the right way? i will try to research the bike later i have to work now, where are you located?

i would pretty much guarantee that the carbs need to be rebuilt. the motor runs a little then dies … then it must be a fuel problem. points look decent i am assuming the pistons are in the right way, i haven’t taken the motor apart. i am located in north collins.

i have no idea where that is, lol, but all i could tell you would be to check the plugs, carbs, reeds, everyone forgets about the reeds lol

pics?

i have no host

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:2,topic:26217"”]

Call Fast By Gast … they are on the island …there are a couple of guys i used to race with that work there …

they are chainsaw bike pros …

[/quote]

my H2 drag bike was built by these guys… they are known world wide. they do awesome work!!

[quote=“AKasprzyk,post:10,topic:26217"”]

my H2 drag bike was built by these guys… they are known world wide. they do awesome work!!

[/quote]

they may do the best machine work in the world but it doesn’t help me any loli have been trying to get on sportriders.org for a while not but fro some reason they will not activate my account